Thread: Polymorph and Storm Weather Witch Global

Polymorph and Storm Weather Witch Global

As the Global states "Global: Pay Change the target of an action die that targets a character die to the character die of your choice."

I had one thought with the Polymorph Text "Swap a fielded character with a non-NPC character from that player's used pile. Spin the character to level 1. This does not trigger "when fielded" effects."

The idea isnt that they swap one of my characters into the used pile but instead on theirs. Can I interrupt their swap and instead use it on myself?

The answer is most likely no but never hurts to ask.

With the Storm global, you may redirect the targeting of Polymorph to any character you could legally target. However, the latter part of the effect (i.e. the character being swapped in) will still be the choice of the opponent. The swapping character must be from the used pile of the player whose character was targeted and does not interact with the Storm global since it is not being targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    With the Storm global, you may redirect the targeting of Polymorph to any character you could legally target. However, the latter part of the effect (i.e. the character being swapped in) will still be the choice of the opponent. The swapping character must be from the used pile of the player whose character was targeted and does not interact with the Storm global since it is not being targeted.
    So the answer being no, I cant interrupt their targeting of their character to switch it to mine.

If they target one of your characters with Polymorph, you COULD change it to target either a different character of yours (if you want to keep your Vixen in Field, for example) or to one of their characters (as long as they have a legal target to swap from their Used pile).

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    If they target one of your characters with Polymorph, you COULD change it to target either a different character of yours (if you want to keep your Vixen in Field, for example) or to one of their characters (as long as they have a legal target to swap from their Used pile).
    No no, the question is they use polymorph on their character to switch it with something in their used pile but as a reaction I can switch that chosen character and redirect it to mine. The answer being no.

You can, but they get to choose which of YOUR characters gets polyd in.

So you can interrupt during their turn......doesnt that go against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    So you can interrupt during their turn......doesnt that go against the rules?
    Her global is a reactionary global, so no it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Her global is a reactionary global, so no it's not.
    Fair enough

Should work for some gimmicks

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Fair enough

Should work for some gimmicks
    I would use her if most of your opponents like to use Actions.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    I would use her if most of your opponents like to use Actions.
    I have polymorph on a certain team with Weather Witch. So its a possibility they might buy one off me.