Thread: Fielding Villains for Less

Quote Originally Posted by sthenrispidey View Post
    hello all not sure where else i can post this, does anyone know of a card that will help me buy villains for less, besides Morbius

No, unfortunately there is not.

Sinestro Instills Fear gives you a reduction of fielding cost by 1 is probably the only other card that would help, it isn't buying costs but it at least reduces fielding costs.

Quote Originally Posted by sthenrispidey View Post
    hello all not sure where else i can post this, does anyone know of a card that will help me buy villains for less, besides Morbius
    Well, outside of Morbius, there's nothing that's specially catered to villains in general. If you don't want to use Morbius but want to run high-cost villains, you need to either have more ramp or you can try to use generic cost reduction cards not catered to villains (i.e. Red Eyes Black Dragon - Plated Dragon, Mummy: Lesser Undead). The disadvantage with the latter is that you need to cater your deck to them if you want them to be effective ( in my examples, Red-Eyes only reduces the cost of Bolt characters, and Mummy only reduces the cost of Mask characters). It's not particularly efficient in most cases.

I know my answer is probably not ideal, but with how powerful villains are already, I'm not surprised that Wizkids hasn't wanted to make them even more powerful.

Only Sinestro and Big Entrance can cater to your reduction and fielding costs. Blue Eyes does work with villains though.