Thread: Article: "Hello, I'm New": Introduction

Cool idea for a series! I think one thing I'd like to see covered is how intimidating it can be for a new player, financially and competitively. To expand you could also discuss things the local scene and local veterans can do to ease that intimidation.

There are a few things that would have helped me immensely when I started ( and sometimes even now).

An article on cards referencing characters (all their dice) vs. Unique characters (only counts 1 no matter how many fielded) vs. Individual die counts (regardless of which character) .

Also another would be static modifiers, while active/attacking/blocking effects, cards that check board states to modify stats. I'm not sure if that makes sense. Examples would be all the questions Ant man's global causes or how guy gardner blinding rage calculates stats based on characters joining or leaving the field or other similar cards.

Make and article on damage timing and use hulk, deadpool, and similar characters heavily in your examples. This may be as easy as quoting ruling posts in a collected manner and simplifying it all in one place.

Globals. Every new player struggles with these. Also it may be a good place to discuss damage from players, combat damage, ability damage, action damage and what types of cards counter each and how reactionary globals work.

I know this is a lot, but I wanted to get it down before I forgot and maybe help you guys brainstorm articles.

I'd like to see some regular updates on the "current" meta as it develops; is the last World's team still the best team? It's difficult to know what's being played, what cards are the "really good" cards in dice masters. The PDC articles are a great benefit in this regard, but we don't get to see them piloted and therefore an explanation of how/why of their construction and goals - very much looking forward to Shadowmeld's team in this regard. I'm hoping that the regionals that are coming up will be published on YouTube. Thanks for all these new series of articles you're creating this year.