Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: Did I mention that I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY like DnD?

The Faerūn Under Siege collection expands deeper into the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms with new adventurers, monsters and keywords. Players will be excited to see the addition of well-known Dungeons & Dragons characters such as; the dark elf Drizzt, the legendary dragon Bahamut, the insidious demon-queen of spiders Lolth and the demon lord Orcus.

Confirmed on the News Article page that went up here

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    The Faerūn Under Siege collection expands deeper into the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms with new adventurers, monsters and keywords. Players will be excited to see the addition of well-known Dungeons & Dragons characters such as; the dark elf Drizzt, the legendary dragon Bahamut, the insidious demon-queen of spiders Lolth and the demon lord Orcus.

Confirmed on the News Article page that went up here
    now if only we had Higher res images of the box, I could check for new dice. Or even the rule book :P

In the start set image they only have 9 BAC laid out, but in the collector's box image there are 10 laid out (11 if you include the promo in the box). It's another 3 cost BAC. So there's 4 2 cost, 2 3 cost, 2 4 cost, and 2 5 cost.

Looks like you've got C and D reversed in your list.
    I would have guess Q was more of a Necromancer than the Red hand one from the symbol, but then looking at the stats, you might be right about Q being a lich instead. Was also thinking P could be a lich, but not justification for that other that it looking a little like a skull.

A lich and a necromancer? Could we finally be getting the undead buffs i've been hoping for?

Also now that we see the Gnome Ranger using the same icon as as Minsc & Boo we realize there's are actually the class icons on the adventurers. Looks like the Ranger icon might be the only one on a new energy type though.

I is clearly evil Iron Spidey. ... or it could be Lolth..

I think your labels for C and D should be switched. FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Adimantium10 View Post
    I think your labels for C and D should be switched. FYI.
    Thanks, fixed.

Also noticed it doesn't look like you got the fireball looking creature below CC (ghost/banshee/wraith) in image 2. Fire elemental maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    That's the goblin, S.
    Ah, I see it now. Got my lines crossed and thought S was pointing to R.

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiX View Post
    I'm betting K is a Displacer Beast
    That is a solid guess, I still think Succubus might be an option, but Dbeast is the right color.

I think W is a Gorgon (looks to me like it's charging to the left with it's head down- think those are horns...)

For A, could that be a Storm Giant? Almost looks like a lightning bolt behind the helm...

J is a tough one; I have a hard time seeing a Bugbear- maybe a Gnoll?

And what is the orange die under J? Can't tell if it's a pincer (maybe the glabrezo) or a bat-like creature (giant bat or maybe a Varguoille?)

*EDIT: based on the Starter Set image, that orange die is definitely the Glabezro

Quote Originally Posted by ThePappy21 View Post
    D is 100% without a doubt a Red Wizard. They are a huge part of D&D
    I knew that symbol looked familiar. Good call!

"February"

I have heard rumors of the 10th and the 29th... So who knows.

Updated my list a bit, only one I'm not pretty sure of is P, and of course the other 6 not listed. Though, I do believe I was able to identify the dice on box art of the ones not listed.
    E is one or the other, with me leaning toward clay golem over anything else.
    H I'm making a wild swing at, but I'm pretty confident that the red on black wing, with stats like an Ultron drone, is probably a lesser demon/devil and could be sucubus, eriyenes, imp or quasit.

Anyone find any die symbols I haven't pointed out, maybe in higher resolution box art?

Quote Originally Posted by blisstake View Post
    one under J, an angel perhaps? or a harpy?

EDIT: just noticed, theres another halfing or thief, no doubt (we dont know if that symbol orientates to halfing or thiefs)right of C
    Actually, we do know that that symbol is for Thief, just as we know the Mage Symbol is for mages, the Minsc symbol is for Rangers and the new Axe symbol is for Barbarians. These symbols are actually used in the 5th Edition source material for D&D to quick reference these classes. I found a Pintrest that gathered them and also included ones for Warlock, sorcerer and druid, and I can confirm none of those symbols are showing on the outside of the box.