Thread: Article: Pretending to Know Stuff Vol.7 (Or Why Going 2-3 Was Awesome)

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries

Article: Pretending to Know Stuff Vol.7 (Or Why Going 2-3 Was Awesome)

I was one of the people that was fortunate to be at this event and the Tony Packo's meal and I can honestly say I haven't ever had so much fun getting my butt kicked. It was great meeting everybody especially people like JT and Randy who's work I read and listen to regularly. I'm already working toward the next PDC and hoping to see everyone at this event as well.

Really like your story and sharing the expirience.

Could i use a feather to tickle out what made Vulture so good in your third match? I think its somehting like Spider-Woman from AOU with mass Removal.

Also how did you ruled when you controlled Vulture? Did he left your opponents Field to your field? Or is the field for both of you "The one field" in the game?

Also i would like to have such a story when i will go to our Nationals in April~May. But i guess in germany we all are most of the time buisy that we will meet, play and go away.. something like that^^'... . And we will always talking about Work, bad things and the weather.

I was 1 win away from making top 4, and it came down to me and the Vicious Struggle team that won the whole thing for that last spot. I made a misplay that cost me the game. I think I had him, and I totally messed up. But I had such a good time at dinner, I told JT later that there's no way I would have had as much fun playing in Top 4 and missing out on dinner. Don't get me wrong, I know what I did wrong, and I know where I could have played differently to probably eek out the win. But dinner at Tony Packo's was the best, and while I won't be able to attend the other Toledo PDC on the 30th of this month, I hope to see everyone again at the WKO up in Michigan next month.

Blog Entries
    I publicly told Tony I wouldn't spoil his combo. You won't get it from me (feather or not). It is something I honestly think I never would have seen. Personally, I see Vulture staying in the field just changing who controls it.

Hoping to make it on the 30th for another fun, full day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    I publicly told Tony I wouldn't spoil his combo. You won't get it from me (feather or not). It is something I honestly think I never would have seen. Personally, I see Vulture staying in the field just changing who controls it.

Hoping to make it on the 30th for another fun, full day!
    Hehe now i am on fire to find this combo or even more!^^

Blog Entries
    I know he's planning on tweaking it for WKO in Detroit. Not sure if there are PDCs he'll go to between now and then. I think his only losses were to me and a 3rd turn kill (which I think Gary pulled off).

The only reason i never used Vulture was the fear of Hulk because the Defense is not the best. But in my opinion Vulture is such a good card.

I love cards that can do effects that can be combined with other cards like Injection Fairy Lily with Hulk or the Silver Surfer.

Are we still going to get deck list postings for PDC events?

My Vulture team is around a 90% turn four kill. It just stays really well in the curve unless.... Someone gets you first (Gary) or steals your much needed last ramp (JT). Extremely fun day guys. I have two tweaks to make later this week then I may come back here to post the concept and thought process behind the team and how it cycles. Sadly I think that may be my only PDC before WKO but I think at each one of these events I'm becoming increasingly more excited about meeting up with people from past tourneys than playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I was 1 win away from making top 4, and it came down to me and the Vicious Struggle team that won the whole thing for that last spot. I made a misplay that cost me the game. I think I had him, and I totally messed up. But I had such a good time at dinner, I told JT later that there's no way I would have had as much fun playing in Top 4 and missing out on dinner. Don't get me wrong, I know what I did wrong, and I know where I could have played differently to probably eek out the win. But dinner at Tony Packo's was the best, and while I won't be able to attend the other Toledo PDC on the 30th of this month, I hope to see everyone again at the WKO up in Michigan next month.
    I for one was glad to see you back in the fray Randy.

@Jthomash2 and @Basementcuts : If you capture Vulture with Millenium Rod and attack with him, did he leave the field and boost himself? My thought would be no: 1) he can't boost himself and 2) he stayed in the field, just switched sides. Curious how you guys played it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jevansfp View Post
    @Jthomash2 and @Basementcuts : If you capture Vulture with Millenium Rod and attack with him, did he leave the field and boost himself? My thought would be no: 1) he can't boost himself and 2) he stayed in the field, just switched sides. Curious how you guys played it.
    Controlling like this isn't leaving the field. It's just changing sides. At least that's my opinion at this time. ☺

I am glad I got to meet who I did, and hope to meet those I didn't next time. Dinner was great. I skipped this one because it was my daughter's birthday bc family>dicemasters. But next time should be fun also! @Basementcuts and any others I didn't get a chance to meet-I look forward to PDC or WKO meetups!

Quote Originally Posted by jevansfp View Post
    I wouldn't think it's leaving either as it remains in a field and his ability checks both fields for removals anyways. But that's me.

I think the thing I liked the most about your team JT was that it made me seriously question putting anything in my field that I didn't want thrown back at me. I spent countless turns trying to get the right Characters, energy, prismatic, etc... only to realize I had never been able to use them to great effect at all and ten turns earlier is should have gone a different route. Jomar and I spent the entire ride home split between discussions of your build on how to get around the ring/rod and the funky way top four went since they ended in a natural 1-1 tie in a best of three.

It was nice meeting you guys! Oh, and i hate mlp.