Thread: Where to Pre-Order Now?

Where to Pre-Order Now?

I can't seem to find anywhere to pre-order either DND2 or World's Finest. CSI or Troll & Toad don't have it and Miniature Market only has the Starter/Collector's Box available. Any idea where to get any of these?

Yeah the wizkids change away from online retailers is problematic for my group. We would generally pool our super-rares and valuable cards, and I would trade them into CSI for store credit, subsidizing the next set. This made the game crazy affordable, as long as you're okay with not having the best (or rarest) cards. Generally I could get a starter and half a gravity feed for 20-30 dollars.

Now that has all gone away, and as nice as it would be to buy from the FLGS, it is so very much more money to do so. I generally buy 6 starters and 2 or 3 feeds, so we're talking around $100 more for my group to buy locally with the inability to cash in cards for the next set. super drag.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    I bet your local shop would be thrilled to have you pre-order through them.
    Yeah...which would be great if they actually discounted a GF instead of charging $90 per. I can get a case for $130 online...or over $200 at my FLGS. Just not worth the extra money.

Yeah, CoolStuff IS one of my local stores. But I don't have any true local stores - as in located in my neighborhood. Everything is 30+ minutes away for the most part. So I order online for the majority of my purchases.

I'll wait and see what shows up at CSI & MM post launch. Otherwise I'll try to track stuff down locally, ebay or other online sources.

I'll also be curious to see how FFG/Asmodee's change to their model impacts CSI/MM.

I'm just staying with my local shop. We started playing dice in Oct and they made sure to have enough spiderman for when it came out. I ordered from popular collections back in early August on all of spirderman. Not only did it ship extremely late. (I know that its partly wizkids fault), but I did not receive my playmat or starter set. I've asked them for a refund 3 separate times and they have not answered. I filed a complaint with the BBB (better business bureau).

Quote Originally Posted by walihorse View Post
    I'm just staying with my local shop. We started playing dice in Oct and they made sure to have enough spiderman for when it came out. I ordered from popular collections back in early August on all of spirderman. Not only did it ship extremely late. (I know that its partly wizkids fault), but I did not receive my playmat or starter set. I've asked them for a refund 3 separate times and they have not answered. I filed a complaint with the BBB (better business bureau).
    I've read too many bad incidents with popular collections back in my clix days on hcrealms. I don't think I've even been to their site.

You can think of buying product at your shop as "paying rent" for all the times you can and have gone in there to play for free, even getting prizes, putting in minimal money, if any, to participate in events. For me, it would just be the boosters that go into the prize pool, so I'm not actually just "giving" the store anything, and $3 of product (even per person) is not a lot of profit for them anyway (for non drafts, obviously).

Also, you can at least buy your starters from a local store. Those aren't going to be any cheaper online really, certainly not to a degree as to matter ($5 extra for helping a store out that lets you meet people and organizes events?). I don't buy all of my gravity feeds from the store for Dice Masters, but I buy HeroClix, too, and other board games (Legendary is NOT cheap, especially binging on it).

I just think that like, stores let people come in and play for basically free (a lot of the time, obviously different places are different, but very few actually charge a fee to play in a constructed Dice Masters event past buying into the prize pool or something), possibly winning prizes, but also having someone else organize everything, making it easier to meet and play with other DM players, play somewhere conducive to gaming, with snacks and drinks available (which the store is not profiting on at all), and space, friendly atmosphere, etc...

I think of it like going into a coffee shop in Amsterdam with your own and not buying anything there, just chilling and doing it and leaving, maybe buying a soda, but not actually soliciting the business really.\

But I do understand that DM is a lot less likely to have large quantity order discounts in local stores, as opposed to Magic, or even HeroClix - I know at my store it's the case, but as the judge, and organizing events that get a gravity feed + sold every week on average, I feel like I'm helping out pretty well, but I still make sure to buy stuff like Legendary sets there as opposed to online if the store has them in stock, or comics, etc...

I also understand possibly not living near a store, which just isn't even a debate. You order from where you want. But even if you do, I know mass DM isn't always discounted, so it can't be possible to buy what you want to from the local store. It's about I guess just trying to buy as much as you can, obviously within reason, and a different $ for everyone, from whatever store is letting you chill and play and win prizes for free.

The one local store doesn't offer discounts for buying in bulk. I need to check the other, but they didn't when I played Magic back in the day.

If you ask, they might. I know sometimes stores don't advertise bulk discounts because then folks start pushing back on what bulk really is. However if you are buying cases, you might get them to go e you a bulk discount. Remember though, if they give you the discount, others will want it, and if you have 20 DM players in the store each buying a feed, a 10% discount for you is a 200$ sales drop for the store. In a business that might not be making enough to support its staff requirements, that can be a big deal.

Miniature Market has D&D FUS feeds for preorder. The page does say they don't have preorders, but it lets you add it to the cart. If anyone is looking for an online preorder this might be worth a shot.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catal...77/s/wzk72109/