Thread: Vicious Struggle / Magic Missile Team?

Vicious Struggle / Magic Missile Team?

I was reading a tournament report and someone mentioned going against a team sporting that combo of basic actions. It only mentioned the one card I already assumed would be on a team like that - Red Dragon.

What else would go well with the basic action combo of Vicious Struggle and Magic Missile?

I used Vicious Struggle in a draft the other day and it was incredible, and I saw amazing potential, and I made a team, but I'm curious as to what cards other people immediately think of when they see that combo of basic actions.

The team I saw used Injection Fairy Lily: Forced Injection and Iceman:Chilling. They were also stacking them to double the bounce back damage.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Surfer global, taunt (Phoenix, Mr F) globals too.

See maybe it is because I LOVE the Beholder, but I would have one of them instead of Jean Grey

Either of

Might want to consider Mera so you don't get blown out before setting up.

There were a few PDC teams using Vicious Struggle:

2x Captain America: Man Out of Time, 3x Mera: Mournful Rage, 2x Phoenix: Redd, 1x Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants, 4x Psylocke: Kwannon the Assassin, 1x Red Dragon: Lesser Dragon, 3x Silver Surfer: Sentinel, 4x Wasp: Founding Avenger, Distraction, Vicious Struggle

2x Blue Dragon: Apprentice Dragon, 4x Constantine: Hellblazer, 2x Green Dragon: Apprentice Dragon, 2x Human Paladin: Lesser Emerald Enclave, 4x Iron Fist: The Immortal, 1x Millennium Puzzle: The Eternal Dungeon, 2x Prismatic Spray: Lesser Spell, 2x Red Dragon: Epic Dragon, Transfer Power, Vicious Struggle

4x Black Widow: Tsarina, 2x Human Torch: Johnny Storm, 4x Kobold: Greater Humanoid, 1x Lantern Battery: Power Source, 1x Millennium Puzzle: The Eternal Dungeon, 4x Morphing Jar: Canopic Jar, 1x Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants, 3x Wasp: Founding Avenger, Anger Issues, Vicious Struggle

3x Captain America: Man Out of Time, 4x Constantine: Antihero, 2x Iceman: Too Cool For Words, 2x Mera: Queen of Atlantis, 1x Phoenix: Redd, 1x Professor X: Trainer, 3x Red Dragon: Greater Dragon, 4x Wasp: Founding Avenger, Imprisoned, Vicious Struggle

As you can see, Wasp is preferred over Magic Missile. After discussing Vicious Struggle with a friend I am not usre that it can be really viable now that Guy rush is so popular and successful. There is always a problem of your opponent being Vicious Struggle too and you can hardly get it before the turn you lose to lethal attack and even if you do, your opponent cna simply win next turn by dealing you the last few damage.
    Am I forgetting something? What is the plan against Guy Rush teams?

Quote Originally Posted by The0retico View Post
    There were a few PDC teams using Vicious Struggle:

2x Captain America: Man Out of Time, 3x Mera: Mournful Rage, 2x Phoenix: Redd, 1x Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants, 4x Psylocke: Kwannon the Assassin, 1x Red Dragon: Lesser Dragon, 3x Silver Surfer: Sentinel, 4x Wasp: Founding Avenger, Distraction, Vicious Struggle

2x Blue Dragon: Apprentice Dragon, 4x Constantine: Hellblazer, 2x Green Dragon: Apprentice Dragon, 2x Human Paladin: Lesser Emerald Enclave, 4x Iron Fist: The Immortal, 1x Millennium Puzzle: The Eternal Dungeon, 2x Prismatic Spray: Lesser Spell, 2x Red Dragon: Epic Dragon, Transfer Power, Vicious Struggle

4x Black Widow: Tsarina, 2x Human Torch: Johnny Storm, 4x Kobold: Greater Humanoid, 1x Lantern Battery: Power Source, 1x Millennium Puzzle: The Eternal Dungeon, 4x Morphing Jar: Canopic Jar, 1x Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants, 3x Wasp: Founding Avenger, Anger Issues, Vicious Struggle

3x Captain America: Man Out of Time, 4x Constantine: Antihero, 2x Iceman: Too Cool For Words, 2x Mera: Queen of Atlantis, 1x Phoenix: Redd, 1x Professor X: Trainer, 3x Red Dragon: Greater Dragon, 4x Wasp: Founding Avenger, Imprisoned, Vicious Struggle

As you can see, Wasp is preferred over Magic Missile. After discussing Vicious Struggle with a friend I am not usre that it can be really viable now that Guy rush is so popular and successful. There is always a problem of your opponent being Vicious Struggle too and you can hardly get it before the turn you lose to lethal attack and even if you do, your opponent cna simply win next turn by dealing you the last few damage.
    Am I forgetting something? What is the plan against Guy Rush teams?
    I mean, you're right on those last points. Just trying to maximize it for fun.

Any team built around recurring action dice deserves WoL Batman Supersticous lot as a serious consideration.

Being able to use magic missile for 3 damage is pretty amazing. Getting him on the field provides a lot of cheap damage.

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Any team built around recurring action dice deserves WoL Batman Supersticous lot as a serious consideration.

Being able to use magic missile for 3 damage is pretty amazing. Getting him on the field provides a lot of cheap damage.
    Or Doctor Strange.