Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Gravity Feed?

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Which ever set you like the most. Every set has good cards.

  3. #3
    I would recommend going with the "Universe" you like most. I'm a Marvel fan, and what really got me hooked on this game was that it was, originally at least, a Marvel game. Of course, I know several people that got into it because of their love of DC, or Dungeons and Dragons. While I don't personally know a player who started only because there was a YuGiOh set, I'm sure some exist.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    I recommend buying a feed for a set you haven't bought any boosters for. A feed will usually give you a full set of c and UCs.

  6. #6
    UXM doesn't have the best SRs, but if you are looking to complete a set go with that since you have the set-up and the starter. Justice League has the chance to pull Constantine SR (Solid card) or WoL could give you one of the Black Lanterns or the rare Lantern Ring as the best ones in there. You can't go wrong across the board.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I recommend buying a feed for a set you haven't bought any boosters for. A feed will usually give you a full set of c and UCs.
    This is excellent advice. That I didn't follow! But I blame my love for D&D and I can live with that.

    I just started playing a week or two ago. Bought the D&D starter as my first starter. Quickly bought a C/UC set thinking I'd be content. Then I realized I needed the rare Unicorn. So now I have a case coming in going for the full set and whatever SR's I can get. I figure I can trade/sell it at some point. If not, I'll have a lot of dice sitting around. Maybe I can make jewelry or something. But I'm okay with that.

    Subsequently I'll be buying gravity feeds.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by w00kie View Post
    This is excellent advice. That I didn't follow! But I blame my love for D&D and I can live with that.

    I just started playing a week or two ago. Bought the D&D starter as my first starter. Quickly bought a C/UC set thinking I'd be content. Then I realized I needed the rare Unicorn. So now I have a case coming in going for the full set and whatever SR's I can get. I figure I can trade/sell it at some point. If not, I'll have a lot of dice sitting around. Maybe I can make jewelry or something. But I'm okay with that.

    Subsequently I'll be buying gravity feeds.
    I have more dice then I could ever need. I think they breed at night.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    I have more dice then I could ever need. I think they breed at night.
    I swear my heroclix did. I keep meaning to sell them but I have 40-50 plano 3700's full of them and a couple of big bins. It's a daunting task.

    I'll be curious to see the war for space between the clix and the dice in the near future. I'm going to set them in a room, close the door and see what happens.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I would recommend going with the "Universe" you like most. I'm a Marvel fan, and what really got me hooked on this game was that it was, originally at least, a Marvel game. Of course, I know several people that got into it because of their love of DC, or Dungeons and Dragons. While I don't personally know a player who started only because there was a YuGiOh set, I'm sure some exist.
    It's funny, the original set was actually Yugioh...but licensing issues delayed that release.

  12. #12
    I was hyped for the game before they even announced any licensing. I heard "collectible dice game" and was on board. The game could be themeless and I would have still bought into it. The fact that it has cool Marvel characters that my friends and family like is just a neat bonus.

  13. #13
    Looks like the best gravity feed for you to buy might be a DnD 2 Gravity feed

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytmare View Post
    I think I'm leaning towards Justice League due to Constantine...
    Justice League is a solid set especially if you're into DC. WOL is more of a niche set with it being Lantern ability heavy, so you'll not get much use out of it for a first set.

    As for Marvel, I think ASM is the best. There's a lot of great game mechanics that were added. What makes UXM weak is the poorly thought out Heroic ability, which evolved to Teamwork. AOU there's some good stuff, but it doesn't build Dice Masters overall game design outside of said Teamwork.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •