Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dice Tower Review Faerun Under Siege

Beat me to it! Just watched it.

Here's the list of the cards he covers in the review.

SPOILERS

Starter

hill giant
    glabrezu
    half-elf bard
    cockatrice
    bronze dragon
    gnome ranger
    hell hound
    white dragon

BAC

banishment
    shocking grasp
    cloudkill
    delayed blast fireball
    barkskin
    blink - transmutation
    chainmail
    flaming sword
    mordenkainen's sword
    power word kill

Main Set

half-orc barbarian
    wraith
    potion
    lich
    flesh golem
    clay golem
    rust monster
    elf thief
    dwarf wizard
    drizzt
    intellect devourer
    orcus
    erinyes
    balor
    storm giant
    bahamut
    black dragon
    Gorgon
    goblin
    human fighter
    giant spider
    displacer beast
    bugbear ambusher
    blink dog
    lolth
    gelatinous cube
    deck of many things
    ghost
    lizardfolk
    iron golem
    beholder

I'm new to the game as a whole so still learning the meta. Right now I'm just thinking of how fun this is going to be!

I'm not up on my D&D, are any of these things fiends or will Pit Fiend be sad?

That potion + Baron Zemo = lulz. I don't think its a good combination because they do it all at once so it's easy to manipulate but it could create some really odd situations.

Edit: Lots of fiends, and lots of cost reduction on fiends.

That Hill Giant actually might be good. Having overcrush on a guy that only costs 3 is pretty aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ioconflict View Post
    I am seeing some cards as current counters to some of the popular go to cards in the meta right now with this set. I also see a wizkids ruling on the wording with goblins as well, I know someone is going to ask if that applies to all cards with goblin in them.
    I'm almost certain that they'll do something like they did with "Dragon" and have it only apply to "Goblins" with a monster banner.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    I'm not up on my D&D, are any of these things fiends or will Pit Fiend be sad?
    If it has fiend in the subtitle, then Pit Fiend wil work with it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    That Hill Giant actually might be good. Having overcrush on a guy that only costs 3 is pretty aggressive.
    He's like Blade Knight, but good!

Gonna need some WK clarification on Cloudkill since it effects attacking and blocking *this* turn, but, uh...opposing characters can't attack on the turn you use Cloudkill...

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    Gonna need some WK clarification on Cloudkill since it effects attacking and blocking *this* turn, but, uh...opposing characters can't attack on the turn you use Cloudkill...
    opposing characters can attack if you take control of them.

Right, There's no need for clarification. It forces you to play things in a certain order, but that's it. Just like Pandora's Box, sometimes words are liberal to cover edge cases. Infact, you could always use Deadman Rare to trigger when fielded effects on your opponent's turn and there are characters taht use or copy action dice effects when they are fielded. Edge case, yes, but still a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by atern View Post
    opposing characters can attack if you take control of them.
    Opposing, like all effect text, is relative to the controller. If you take control of an opposing character, it is no longer opposing until you release control again.

More likely, it's just safety wording like they used with Pandora's Box, in case they come up with a way to use action dice on your opponent's turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    More likely, it's just safety wording like they used with Pandora's Box, in case they come up with a way to use action dice on your opponent's turn.
    This is more what I was getting at, and it would be nice to hear as much from the horse's mouth.

Well, you you play Cloudkill BEFORE controlling a guy, he would still be under the effect of cloudkill for the rest of the turn. Edge case, but wording clearly covers it.

I can already see some clarification needed for Shocking Grasp. "Deal 1 damage to target character dice. If that character is KO'd by this damage, you may put this die into your prep area"

I know it's suppose to be similar to BAC Betrayal but I could see it interpreted as you KO their die and then put THAT die in your prep. Steal all their sidekicks for the win!

Actually, the wording is pretty clear. If THAT character is KOed, THIS die is sent to used. This and That are commonly used to specify two different referential targets. You can have This but not That. I do think that it' s a lot of pronouns for a card text, but those pronouns are pretty specific and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by UJamggp View Post
    I can already see some clarification needed for Shocking Grasp. "Deal 1 damage to target character dice. If that character is KO'd by this damage, you may put this die into your prep area"

I know it's suppose to be similar to BAC Betrayal but I could see it interpreted as you KO their die and then put THAT die in your prep. Steal all their sidekicks for the win!
    I was just about to say... I CTRL-F'd "shocking grasp" to see if anyone else had already mentioned it, and am shocked this is the only other post.

It totally reads right now that you can steal an opponents' die, unless there's another ruling on something similar that would already stop that. That's a crazy BAC for 2 the way it's worded literally.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    I was just about to say... I CTRL-F'd "shocking grasp" to see if anyone else had already mentioned it, and am shocked this is the only other post.

It totally reads right now that you can steal an opponents' die, unless there's another ruling on something similar that would already stop that. That's a crazy BAC for 2 the way it's worded literally.
    If THAT character is KO'd, put THIS die in your Prep.

With Elf Thief: Lesser Harper, do you put your opponent's energy into used?