Thread: DoomCaliber Knight

DoomCaliber Knight

Does the doom caliber knight global prevent your attacking characters from being targeted by global abilities like distraction's global?

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Does the doom caliber knight global prevent your attacking characters from being targeted by global abilities like distraction's global?
    It's a card ability that targets. I would say so.

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Does Doomcaliber Knight UC have its own timing window for the global?

When is it?
    During the main phase?
    Or it creates a window in the attack phase before attackers aew declared?
    It uses the timing window for resolving effect that trigger when you declare an attack. This means you may target your own characters with your "when attacking" abilities before you pay for the DCK global. However, by the time your opponent's effects begin resolving, you must have chosen to or not to use the global and paid its cost, making sure your characters are protected from all targeted abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    So it is not at the end of the main phase before passing priority? Someone tried to convince me that it was at the end of the main so they did the global then passed priority for my globals but they said their characters are protected from anything (hulk, magic missle, etc) due to the use of Doomcaliber Knight. I did not think that was the way it worked.
    You may not pay for this global during the main step. You must pay for the DCK global when you declare your attack, before blockers are declared. It also does not protect against non-targeted abilities such as Hulk - Green Goliath.

Whoever tried to convince you that they could use the DCK global in the main step either does not understand the rules of the game or was trying to hustle you. I'm the optimistic sort, so I'll assume they just didn't know any better, so try to let them know the next time you play with them.

Correct me if I am wrong. While my when attacking abilities would still apply (say Guy Gardner or Tsarina), because this global is reactive to declaring attackers it must be used before the general global ability phase in the attack step (after blockers are assigned). This means I protect my attackers from Distraction, Transfer Power, etc., but I can't pump in extra attack with Invulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk40 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. While my when attacking abilities would still apply (say Guy Gardner or Tsarina), because this global is reactive to declaring attackers it must be used before the general global ability phase in the attack step (after blockers are assigned). This means I protect my attackers from Distraction, Transfer Power, etc., but I can't pump in extra attack with Invulnerability.
    Correct. It's a blade that cuts both ways, so if you want to protect your attackers from distraction but also want to be able to pump the unblocked ones, you'll have to look elsewhere for your protection option.