Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Guy gardner attack boost static effect or applied

  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zeon20 View Post
    So does that mean if I pick off a attacking sidekick with magic missile after blockers r declared, the guys would lose an attack?
    Correct.

  5. #5
    and every die you distract (or Blink Transmute) would also cause one less attacker.

    Really want your mind blown?

    Guy gets +1 attack for each of YOUR attacking dice on your turn too. He's a Really powerful blocker!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    and every die you distract (or Blink Transmute) would also cause one less attacker.

    Really want your mind blown?

    Guy gets +1 attack for each of YOUR attacking dice on your turn too. He's a Really powerful blocker!
    Are you sure about that? Since its an "and" in his text?


    I mean he says "must attack each turn (if able) and get +1A for every attacking dice"

    So i could read it as he gets his bonus when he is attacking, or (what is more logically i think) its two 2 Effects in one sentence and you try at least the much possible to let happen for him.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Are you sure about that? Since its an "and" in his text?


    I mean he says "must attack each turn (if able) and get +1A for every attacking dice"

    So i could read it as he gets his bonus when he is attacking, or (what is more logically i think) its two 2 Effects in one sentence and you try at least the much possible to let happen for him.
    I am with Ressless on this one. That "and" to me also implies that his ability is only during his controller's attack step. Typically, the characters abilities that trigger during any attack step will include the phrase "during the attack step" or "at the beginning of the attack step."

  8. #8
    But its not a triggered effect. It's static. "He must attack, he gets +1 for each attacker."

    Basically, my issue with his wording is this, if its a triggered effect, its an applied bonus. If its a static effect, it applies durring both turns. And it's written rather clearly that it's a static bonus.

    Just because he can't attack on your opponents turn doesn't mean he doesn't also still have the text "gets plus 1 for each attacker"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    But its not a triggered effect. It's static. "He must attack, he gets +1 for each attacker."

    Basically, my issue with his wording is this, if its a triggered effect, its an applied bonus. If its a static effect, it applies durring both turns. And it's written rather clearly that it's a static bonus.

    Just because he can't attack on your opponents turn doesn't mean he doesn't also still have the text "gets plus 1 for each attacker"
    I get what you are saying, but I still can't help but feel that he should only get it during his attack step...but wizkids has surprised me before.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    My biggest problem with this whole "when is it time to activate that ability" started with Shield Agent Rare Need to know Basis.
    Because they throw away that the steps that belong to the Active player are nothing more than a thin layer printed on paper in a small book , so that all effects happens to the other person too even when you are not the active player and vice versa.

    So i can't ignore that fact and only have to use him like Shadowmeld mentioned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •