Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DeckTutor binder disappointment and StarCityGames X4 Binder question

  1. #1

    DeckTutor binder disappointment and StarCityGames X4 Binder question

    After hearing @Shadowmeld recommend the DeckTutor FOUR 2.0 binder, I bought a four to put my cards in. They arrived today, and I am very disappointed. Three of the four have manufacturing defects (card pockets misaligned and not cut properly) and the other seems to be slightly off on the cuts.

    I will likely return all four for a refund.

    Has anyone else had this issue, or did I order from a second hand retailer who didn't disclose they were selling dent and ding merchandise?

    As an alternative, can anyone comment on the StarCityGames X4 Binders?

  2. #2
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I have gotten all four of mine in perfect quality. I bought two of them direct from CSI store locations, and two from Amazon direct. I'm not sure where you got yours, but perhaps your guess as to a poor distributor.

    I'm sorry my recommendation lead you to such hassle.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    After hearing @Shadowmeld recommend the DeckTutor FOUR 2.0 binder, I bought a four to put my cards in. They arrived today, and I am very disappointed. Three of the four have manufacturing defects (card pockets misaligned and not cut properly) and the other seems to be slightly off on the cuts.

    I will likely return all four for a refund.

    Has anyone else had this issue, or did I order from a second hand retailer who didn't disclose they were selling dent and ding merchandise?

    As an alternative, can anyone comment on the StarCityGames X4 Binders?

    I bought one after Shadowmeld suggested it too. Mine is perfect, I plan on ordering a few more.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I have gotten all four of mine in perfect quality. I bought two of them direct from CSI store locations, and two from Amazon direct. I'm not sure where you got yours, but perhaps your guess as to a poor distributor.

    I'm sorry my recommendation lead you to such hassle.
    I didn't mean to come across like I was blaming you. I really appreciate the tip. The idea behind the binder is great. I just got a bad batch apparently.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    I didn't mean to come across like I was blaming you. I really appreciate the tip. The idea behind the binder is great. I just got a bad batch apparently.
    I know, but I still feel responsible. I'm glad you're looking for an alternate solution.

  7. #7
    I like these: http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-PRO-...+pocket+binder

    I use one per set, and they fit all the cards, all the OP for the set and more. It's a bit pricey in the beginning...but $10 each time a new set comes out isn't bad.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogonjdevil View Post
    I like these: http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-PRO-...+pocket+binder

    I use one per set, and they fit all the cards, all the OP for the set and more. It's a bit pricey in the beginning...but $10 each time a new set comes out isn't bad.
    I was using those for AVX and UXM. After the straps broke and some pockets ripped I switched to a 3 ring binder and sheets. Plus, an extra $10 per set adds up. This is what I use now:

    Ultra Pro 3" Collectors Album (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002TT36G..._2ndOwbYCJZ1B6

    Ultra Pro 9-Pocket Trading Card Pages - Platinum Series (100 Pages) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00095M5DQ..._GrdOwbH2HSR0W

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •