Thread: Minsc & Boo - how does it play?

Minsc & Boo - how does it play?

Hey Everybody,

New to the game. D&D is a big focus set for me. I was wondering how Minsc & Boo play? I'm not necessarily looking to be competitive; playing more thematic casual teams with friends & family at the moment. Wondering if it's worth picking up a copy.

Thanks!

It's a fun, gimmick-y card. Perfect for casual play.

I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it though. And make sure you get the (custom) die.

It's not just fun and gimmick-y, if you're playing BFF only it's actually a really solid card. Though I think that's a format not many people actually play.

Thanks. We'll be playing some DnD only games. So I'll look into picking it up.

I think it's better than what is being represented.

It can force blocks without paying extra energy.

It does not give your opponent the global to do the above.

It gets bigger every turn until your opponent deals with it or you win.

It has great fielding costs for the whole package.

R. Unicorn makes it great!

It can work in most teams that utilize overcrush or need a way to eliminate a character without a global.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwannabe View Post
    I think it's better than what is being represented.

It can force blocks without paying extra energy.

It does not give your opponent the global to do the above.

It gets bigger every turn until your opponent deals with it or you win.

It has great fielding costs for the whole package.

R. Unicorn makes it great!

It can work in most teams that utilize overcrush or need a way to eliminate a character without a global.
    Good insight, thank you!

Does anybody know what happens if he goes to the used pile as energy? For example, he has XP and was KOed on a previous turn. You fail to reroll him, would he still have XP for the next time he is fielded?

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Does anybody know what happens if he goes to the used pile as energy? For example, he has XP and was KOed on a previous turn. You fail to reroll him, would he still have XP for the next time he is fielded?
    Yes. XP goes on cards, not dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Yes. XP goes on cards, not dice.
    Just making sure, because his XP goes away if he goes to the used pile.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Just making sure, because his XP goes away if he goes to the used pile.
    Oh snap, you're right. I forgot that part of text. Well, going to used as energy is going to used. I would assume he'd lose all of his xp if that happened. I am not Archivist, I sometimes forget bits on cards that I don't see played.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Oh snap, you're right. I forgot that part of text. Well, going to used as energy is going to used. I would assume he'd lose all of his xp if that happened. I am not Archivist, I sometimes forget bits on cards that I don't see played.
    It's cool, I have used the card off and on and never ran into the problem (always rerolled him or he went unblocked).