Thread: Article: The next DC set: Green Arrow and The Flash!

Article: The next DC set: Green Arrow and The Flash!

That is awesome news! Flash is my all time favorite comic book character, specifically Wally West. Hopefully we will see his inclusion in a set, would be neat to see Max Mercury as well.

Does this mean I can KO cisco?

KOing Cisco has been a dream for me since Episode 2 or 3.

FUDGE YEAH! WHOOOOOOOO!. Sorry, I'm a bit excited. This set might be one where I actually buy an entire gravity feed.

Let's just hope the Flash characters in this set don't suck.

Just when I thought I was out....

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post

You can already KO Cisco. He's Vibe.

Can we get a Tar Pit that punishes players for attacking? Would be pretty cool.

Maybe we will get a Speed Force affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Maybe we will get a Speed Force affiliation.
    We'll hopefully get some more Crime Syndicate of America folks, and probably a Rogues affiliation for Flash Villains.

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    You can already KO Cisco. He's Vibe.
    Oh I know, I just find TV Cisco unbearable but I don't hate comic Vibe.

My DC knowledge of DC is basically nonexistent, but can I have another Deathstroke to play with on villain teams? The burn version doesn't hold up because I'm not allowed to play villain retaliation any more.

Will this be the first set we see featuring live action pictures like how Cryptozoic did with the Arrow set for the DC Deckbuilder?

CW live action pictures would be an interesting way to get new people into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    My DC knowledge of DC is basically nonexistent, but can I have another Deathstroke to play with on villain teams? The burn version doesn't hold up because I'm not allowed to play villain retaliation any more.
    While it is always great to have new versions, if you're not allowed to play Weapons Master have you considered either Slade Wilson or The Terminator? SW is only 4 pts for a die that is 6A 6D at level 3, and only 2 pts to field with Regenerate. Combine him with Magneto Will to Live and Sabretooth Survivor and annoy your opponent with villains who just keep coming back. Or, since you're already playing a villain deck, TT lets you regenerate and get another die out of the bag and into prep if it falls right. Just a couple of thoughts. Oh, and if you're not at all familiar with DC, he is an assassin and has healing powers much like Wolverine's (some people think it was a deliberate copy, and think that Deadpool is a copy of the copy).

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post

Cisco is Vibe...so you can already do that in the Justice League Set. You're Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeBrew View Post
    While it is always great to have new versions, if you're not allowed to play Weapons Master have you considered either Slade Wilson or The Terminator? SW is only 4 pts for a die that is 6A 6D at level 3, and only 2 pts to field with Regenerate. Combine him with Magneto Will to Live and Sabretooth Survivor and annoy your opponent with villains who just keep coming back. Or, since you're already playing a villain deck, TT lets you regenerate and get another die out of the bag and into prep if it falls right. Just a couple of thoughts. Oh, and if you're not at all familiar with DC, he is an assassin and has healing powers much like Wolverine's (some people think it was a deliberate copy, and think that Deadpool is a copy of the copy).
    I have considered them, but in practice, regenerate is not nearly as good as it seems, especially since Deathstroke has decent stats anyways, so he'll rarely be ko'd.

To clarify my DC knowledge, I know the basics of characters, backstories, etc. Problem is that there are a billion different universes and I have no patience for reading comics. probably an unpopular pinion in a game mainly based around superheroes, but I really do think that from what I've been exposed to so far, the writing in comic books is dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Cisco is Vibe...so you can already do that in the Justice League Set. You're Welcome.
    Yeap I know but CW Cisco is not the comics Vibe. He's much more annoying. It was a joke sorry it didn't stick with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I have considered them, but in practice, regenerate is not nearly as good as it seems, especially since Deathstroke has decent stats anyways, so he'll rarely be ko'd.

To clarify my DC knowledge, I know the basics of characters, backstories, etc. Problem is that there are a billion different universes and I have no patience for reading comics. probably an unpopular pinion in a game mainly based around superheroes, but I really do think that from what I've been exposed to so far, the writing in comic books is dreadful.
    The worst writing in comics is exactly as you say, dreadful. But, the best writing in comics is in my opinion quite good and resembles that of the best short poetry in that is very spare, tight, and powerful. Multiple award winning novelists, such as Neil Gaiman and Andrew Vacchs, have written for comics and many of the better stories have been adapted for film. (The most recent X Men movie is adapted from the story listed by Wizard magazine as #12 on a list of the 100 best comics and graphic novels to date.) I don't mean to get on a soapbox, and if you just don't like an art form you just don't like it. I have been exposed to what I've been told are the best songs Country and Heavy Metal music has produced and I don't care for them. Personally I can hope you've just not seen the best the medium can offer, but I believe it takes all kinds of nuts to make the granola. You're gaming with us, that's good enough for me.

The most likely scenario here is that I've been exposed to all of the so-so or bad stuff that comics have on offer, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth.