Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Quicksilver/Red Hulk Team

  1. #1

    Quicksilver/Red Hulk Team

    So I saw a suggestion on DiceAnon about a team with Quicksilver: Thanks to Isotope E, and Red Hulk: Rulk, and this is the team I made considering this option.

    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=2x...3x27uxm;3x26jl

    I know PXG would be a better option than Mysterio, but ATM I don't have PXG, although I'm thinking about spending maybe $20 on CoolStuffInc and buying a lot of Meta cards. Namor doesn't really have a place on the team, as I just put him there, and I would use Cerebro on Quicksilver, trying to keep cycling him through, and use Lyssa to hopefully get my opponent to field more sidekicks. Also, I haven't put 20 dice on here, because I don't have enough characters with 4 dice each, so I'm going to buy some more.

    I would love to see some suggestions on how to improve this team, and this is just a team for fun, not competitive. As I said, I don't have a whole lot of cards, but I am thinking about buying some soon. :)

  2. #2
    I see the theme and I like the different approach. I would suggest the White Tiger that forces you and your opponent to field a sidekick. Otherwise, if Iw as facing this team, I would be getting rid of sidekicks before Hulk and than get rid of him.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    White Tiger global is fantastic as mentioned above. I hadn't thought of the common RoM, but I may be playing with that now.

    other thoughts include the Enslavement BAC. KO's sidekicks and potentially deals a damage for each. This stacks with Red Hulk's life loss when an opposing sidekick is KO'd. To keep with the burn theme, you could use the uncommon manticore. You would always be pinging sidekicks away with the white tiger global (it does say to field a sidekick, not move one), but you lose the potential to have Rulk KO the sidekick. However, it is consistent. Pair that with common Cheetah and some ramp (kobolds) and you should have a solid foundation.

    Side note, I'm not sure sure about Angel. It allows you to field a sidekick, which is fine for thinning out your bag, but Rulk states opposing sidekicks, so you cannot KO your own for the life loss. Not sure if you were aware of that, but I would be remiss if I didn't bring it up.

    ~ninja

  5. #5
    it must be quicksilver?
    how about Manticore-Greater beast. Cost 4 Bolt.
    "While active, deal 1 damage to each opposing character immediately after it is fielded."
    this damages all opposing chars, not only sidekicks.
    And force sidekicks with "White Tiger- Mystical amulet"

    When fielded, you may sacrifice another character to give this die +1A, +1D and Overcrush until end of turn (sacrificed characters go to the Used Pile).

    Global: Pay [1 Fist]. Once during your turn, each player must field a Sidekick Die from their Used Pile if able.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by elsams View Post
    it must be quicksilver?
    how about Manticore-Greater beast. Cost 4 Bolt.
    "While active, deal 1 damage to each opposing character immediately after it is fielded."
    this damages all opposing chars, not only sidekicks.
    And force sidekicks with "White Tiger- Mystical amulet"

    When fielded, you may sacrifice another character to give this die +1A, +1D and Overcrush until end of turn (sacrificed characters go to the Used Pile).

    Global: Pay [1 Fist]. Once during your turn, each player must field a Sidekick Die from their Used Pile if able.
    I agree the Manticore would have more use, but the point of the team is to KO sidekicks while the red hulk is out to constantly drain your opponent. There may be a personal preference for Quicksilver. Manticore is a while active and Quicksilver is a when fielded. It could be to have an aggressive character that A.) knocks out another character (hopefully sidekick) or B.) goes through unblocked. Obviously he could get chump blocked and stuck on the field, but that is always a risk with "when fielded" characters.

    Also, the player may not have an expansive D&D collection and manticore may not even be an option.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    I agree the Manticore would have more use, but the point of the team is to KO sidekicks while the red hulk is out to constantly drain your opponent. There may be a personal preference for Quicksilver. Manticore is a while active and Quicksilver is a when fielded. It could be to have an aggressive character that A.) knocks out another character (hopefully sidekick) or B.) goes through unblocked. Obviously he could get chump blocked and stuck on the field, but that is always a risk with "when fielded" characters.

    Also, the player may not have an expansive D&D collection and manticore may not even be an option.
    Yeah, I haven't collected hardly any D&D, besides Prismatic Spray and Human Paladin, as I really only like to collect from sets that I like the characters themselves. I may see into picking up some more D&d however.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid7201 View Post
    Yeah, I haven't collected hardly any D&D, besides Prismatic Spray and Human Paladin, as I really only like to collect from sets that I like the characters themselves. I may see into picking up some more D&d however.
    I highly recommend going through the D&D and Yugioh set. There are very potent cards in those sets.

  9. #9
    I used this team and it's slow. The Rulk/Manticore/WT Global is nice but unless you're swimming in fists each turn you're only doing small cuts. You might want to consider having the Human Torch (either Flame On or Johnny Storm) that pings your opponent each time you field a character. Then the WT Global is taking 2 life each time you use it (1 for Rulk ability and 1 for Human Torch). Angel Air Transport also pairs well with HT. That combo is a good way to start getting some damage in until you can field Rulk and Manticore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •