Thread: Haven't played this game much, coming from Heroclix

Haven't played this game much, coming from Heroclix

Hello there, I just started playing this game, tho I've bought basically since AvX since I'm a supers fan.
    The one question I was wondering about - Super Rares. How important are they?

After playing quite a bit of heroclix a game in which Wizkids put a lot of power into their Chase figs, is it the same with this game?
    I notice the ones from AvX and JL seem to make it in decks, but the newer stuff like the zombies/black lanterns I haven't seen as much. Are they just not that great?
    Are there any stand outs?

Super rares aren't inherently more or less useful than cards of other rarities. It just depends on what you're trying to do. There are some stand outs, but also consider that one of the teams to beat currently is almost built entirely on commons and starter cards.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiTick View Post
    Hello there, I just started playing this game, tho I've bought basically since AvX since I'm a supers fan.
    The one question I was wondering about - Super Rares. How important are they?

After playing quite a bit of heroclix a game in which Wizkids put a lot of power into their Chase figs, is it the same with this game?
    I notice the ones from AvX and JL seem to make it in decks, but the newer stuff like the zombies/black lanterns I haven't seen as much. Are they just not that great?
    Are there any stand outs?
    I am not a clix player, but I can say that there are solid teams that can be made without Super Rares (SRs). There are chase cards, but they are for the collectors only, as they are alt art versions of the SRs. There are a few choice SRs that stand out, but not all.

Welcome to the game officially! Where in the midwest are you from?

Milwaukee Wi area.

Are any of the Black Lanterns particularly good? It's one of my fav. story archs to date, so I was thinking about picking up a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiTick View Post
    Milwaukee Wi area.

Are any of the Black Lanterns particularly good? It's one of my fav. story archs to date, so I was thinking about picking up a couple.
    OH OH, I GOT THIS, I GOT THIS ONE GUYS!!!!

They are only my favourite team ever! I'm not allowed to play them very often though because they are incredibly mean in a local setting, especially when people aren't prepared.

I've made a couple threads explaining how they work and play, you can read them if you want more info:

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...rently-a-thing

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...Black-Lanterns

Try a list out on vassal sometime maybe. The one thing I will say about them though is that they are probably the most expensive casual list to play in the game, especially if you want to play them properly (with full art lanterns)

Thank you, you're awesome.
    Man this community is pretty dang solid to new folks