Thread: Power Struggle

Power Struggle

I was in the mood to create an action based team. I thought of Doctor Strange - Master of the Mystic Arts but it just didnt fit with what I wanted. I would use Batman - Cowardly and Superstitious Lot but he is a four cost and Zemo just fits better in the mix.

Here's the team

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	4253

I intended to use Wasp - Founding Avenger (I'm a heavy user of Jinzo and Baby Jinzo) but I didnt really have any Globals minus Blue Eyes. I swapped her out for Elf Wizard. She fits pretty well when it comes slow action teams. Especially fielding her and helping me buy my other actions.

I had trouble picking between Viscious Struggle and Transfer Power on the account that I dont really have any defense minus Millennium Puzzle and somewhat Constantine. Struggle won me over on the fact that I can not only roll the die activating DracoLich but also the fact that I can cause fear if you plan to swing.

The Blue Eyes might have been swapped out for Thousand Dragon - Noxious Nostril Gust but I do not own it and it doesnt work as well with the Elf Wizard. I also didnt want the Red Dragon on the account they will ping me buying my dice for cheap.

I would use Constatine - Antihero to prevent your opponent from using your power bolts against you. I would drop the Blue Eyes...unless you intend to buy his potent character dice and put in Batman. The Kobolds will get you the Dracolich before you know it. Batman and Dracolich triggering will cause constant damage. Also, I feel Vicious Struggle will become a liability to you as your opponent can use it knock back damage to you. Magic Missile would be better than Power Bolt in the sense that you have an Adventurer on your team and could get the extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    I would use Constatine - Antihero to prevent your opponent from using your power bolts against you. I would drop the Blue Eyes...unless you intend to buy his potent character dice and put in Batman. The Kobolds will get you the Dracolich before you know it. Batman and Dracolich triggering will cause constant damage. Also, I feel Vicious Struggle will become a liability to you as your opponent can use it knock back damage to you. Magic Missile would be better than Power Bolt in the sense that you have an Adventurer on your team and could get the extra damage.
    Couple of counter suggestions

Constantine - HellBlazer works as my defense on a number of characters. Especially when fielded effects. My deck doesn't have any defense MINUS viscious struggle and millennium puzzle. Just a great card to have around.

Yes, Vicious struggle can affect me but when Dracolich is out the first roll roll of an action die they will receive damage. It hasnt taken effect.

Blue Eyes works great with the Elf Wizard. I can recycle her effect to buy dice. Its not as quick as Thousand Dragon but its a 0 to 1 fielding cost which cuts back on energy.

I prefer the power bolt on the fact that my kobolds are susceptible to a magic missile ping. I dont wan't a global that I most likely wont use and can affect me in a bigger way.

Batman would just add weight to my deck. I would have to buy him which costs four, field him which then costs 6. Sure I get that extra damage but there's also the global. If they buy my action dice they can prep other dice. Not a great trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Couple of counter suggestions

Constantine - HellBlazer works as my defense on a number of characters. Especially when fielded effects. My deck doesn't have any defense MINUS viscious struggle and millennium puzzle. Just a great card to have around.

Yes, Vicious struggle can affect me but when Dracolich is out the first roll roll of an action die they will receive damage. It hasnt taken effect.

Blue Eyes works great with the Elf Wizard. I can recycle her effect to buy dice. Its not as quick as Thousand Dragon but its a 0 to 1 fielding cost which cuts back on energy.

I prefer the power bolt on the fact that my kobolds are susceptible to a magic missile ping. I dont wan't a global that I most likely wont use and can affect me in a bigger way.

Batman would just add weight to my deck. I would have to buy him which costs four, field him which then costs 6. Sure I get that extra damage but there's also the global. If they buy my action dice they can prep other dice. Not a great trade off.
    Oh I know the dangers our Magic Missile and Kobolds. Batman would only cost you 1 - 3 to field not 6 (I figure you are refering to his TFC). Yes, Hellblazer stops something for a turn, I just feel with such action reliance, Antihero would work better. On a sidenote, Batman would provide some combat damage defense.

Yet, another player who wastes the Blue Eyes dice, your choice of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Oh I know the dangers our Magic Missile and Kobolds. Batman would only cost you 1 - 3 to field not 6 (I figure you are refering to his TFC). Yes, Hellblazer stops something for a turn, I just feel with such action reliance, Antihero would work better. On a sidenote, Batman would provide some combat damage defense.
    (
    Total fielding cost is very important. Especially in a slow deck. Batman only counts for BAC's not other actions. Waste of space.

HellBlazer has saved me on many accounts and I rather have control of a character over an action. Better trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7
    Yet, another player who wastes the Blue Eyes dice, your choice of course
    I dont know why but that really pissed me off for some reason.
    Blue Eyes is being used, how is that a waste? Thats the same thought with PXG.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I dont know why but that really pissed me off for some reason.
    Blue Eyes is being used, how is that a waste? Thats the same thought with PXG.
    My apologies for offending you. I only meant that his DICE are being wasted. Sure like PXG, the global is seeing plenty of use, but that Dragon has an 8A with 7D and the ability to give itself a +3A for knocking out one of your monsters. Nobody who has that version of the card that I have talked to or played ever buys that. That is a potent win condition in itself. If I owned that card, I would always put 2 dice and plan to buy at least one every game. This happens with so many cards that have great globals...the character or action itself is wasted. Which makes me sad, but as I said it's your choice as the player with that card whether or not to use the actual character.

As for everything else, all very true counters. TFC is important, but I still feel having that Batman die as an attacker and blocker would help. It is a shame his ability only triggers on BACs. I know the value of hellblazer and wasn't trying to dissuade you from using him, I was offering my opinion on his common.

All in all, it is refreshing to see an action heavy team without Doctor Strange.

If it matters, I always run the PXG that gives +1 to sidekicks because it costs less to purchase and I find that I buy it once in a blue moon to counter things. I've never bought a BEWD though. It's not a bad die to purchase, but usually you're using it to ramp into a more efficient thing or cycling gobs and grundys or something.

How often are you buying Dracoliches? Batman might be more efficient in that spot, though maybe the breath weapon is worth the Dracolich.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    If it matters, I always run the PXG that gives +1 to sidekicks because it costs less to purchase and I find that I buy it once in a blue moon to counter things. I've never bought a BEWD though. It's not a bad die to purchase, but usually you're using it to ramp into a more efficient thing or cycling gobs and grundys or something.

How often are you buying Dracoliches? Batman might be more efficient in that spot, though maybe the breath weapon is worth the Dracolich.
    I've made a deck around Draco and its worked pretty well. Slow but its satisfying just having it on the field as a blocker and life sapping away. If there's a distraction mechanic I'd breath weapon more consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post

The problem is that Dracolich triggers on any action die rolled by you or your opponent. Batman only triggers when you use a BAC. So I see why he is using Dracolich.

Power bolt is the right option over magic missile, as a rule of thumb I try to not counter my own team.

Had a game last night with Bahamut7 and I figured out one other problem on my team. My ramp isnt enough. So I might switch out Elf Wizard for Jade . Elf Wizard came in handy but with the transition zone on action dice she is a bit of a sore. I figured I can recycle jade more. Also the fact that she has some great stats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	4262

I think we forgot to account that Elf Wizard was an adventurer and there may have been a turn where I should have had my Kobold attack.