Thread: Even Number Lantern Team

Even Number Lantern Team

The challenge for the team is to only use even numbered cards and I decided to go with a Lantern based team.

Hulk Out
    True Believer

The win condition is the combo of Guy Gardner and Sinistro. He never be able to pay the cost to block Sinistro with all the other Guy's allowing Sinistro to slide through. If something blocks Sinistro from being fielded I have Mogo as back up with Overcrush.

Warth is my Jack Of All Trades working with either; Bleez, Miri Riam, or Mogo based on if I need to KO, remove Action dice, or field another character for cheap. With Miri's ability I can do 5 damage max, which can take down most characters.

Jade like in my last deck is for ramp. I had to figure out a way to do damage to a character if needed and came up with Surprise Attack. I could then injure of my team if my opponent doesn't have a character fielded. I might get rid of Surprise Attack, since I can just make Miri disposable. I just need to figure out a replacement BAC.
    Last edited by vonVile; 01-21-2016 at 11:00 PM.

I thought it was pay 1 per blocking die blocking sinestro, but I haven't looked up an official ruling on the matter. If your opponent has any globals sinestro would still be vulnerable. lantern ring or lantern battery might be pretty good options but might not be what you are looking for in terms of theme.

You may want to consider something else over Mogo (maybe even just his Common) when everything else on the team is 4 or less. Let's say best case scenario you roll him on Level 1, you're effectively spending 6 energy to buy Mogo and then spend 3 energy to buy, say, Sinestro and field Mogo. As opposed to just buying Sinestro at full 4 on the turn you bought Mogo and using the remaining two energy on something else, then on that turn you would have fielded Mogo you already have your Sinestro and could be doing other things, maybe you even already have your Sinestro in play. And of course his level 2 and 3 faces cost that much more to field. Mogo's a big body but his ability doesn't really move the needle IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    You may want to consider something else over Mogo (maybe even just his Common) when everything else on the team is 4 or less. Let's say best case scenario you roll him on Level 1, you're effectively spending 6 energy to buy Mogo and then spend 3 energy to buy, say, Sinestro and field Mogo. As opposed to just buying Sinestro at full 4 on the turn you bought Mogo and using the remaining two energy on something else, then on that turn you would have fielded Mogo you already have your Sinestro and could be doing other things, maybe you even already have your Sinestro in play. And of course his level 2 and 3 faces cost that much more to field. Mogo's a big body but his ability doesn't really move the needle IMO.
    That's why he has the rare warth. To cut the cost of fielding.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    That's why he has the rare warth. To cut the cost of fielding.
    So buy a Mogo, buy a Warth, and then buy win conditions? I think @alleyviper 's point is dead on. The blank Luthor would be a reasonable substitution

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    So buy a Mogo, buy a Warth, and then buy win conditions? I think @alleyviper 's point is dead on. The blank Luthor would be a reasonable substitution
    He doesnt have a win condition........not one.

You could literally re-vamp half this team. You can take out Sinestro and add Kyle Rayner - Hopeful Will.
    You can use the SR Lantern Battery - Power Source if you plan to use Guy Gardner. Every block costs one. Replaced with Bleez.
    The common SuperGirl with overcrush is another Win condition that works with the Super Rare Lantern Battery
    You can work the Munk and Indigo route buffing the two. Again with Lantern Battery
    There is little ramp in your deck. Nasty Plot can help.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 01-21-2016 at 03:19 PM.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    He doesnt have a win condition........not one.
    That's not entirely true. Being unblockable (based on board state and energy available), Sinestro has some merit. Miri is a direct damage option. plus there's hulk out.
    Last edited by Jthomash2; 01-21-2016 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    That's not entirely true. Being unblockable (based on board state and energy available), Sinestro has some merit. Miri is a direct damage option. plus there hulk out.
    A good win condition. I only see Guy Gardner and Hulk being the one.

A good win condition. I only see Guy Gardner and Hulk being the one.
    There's 3 actually.

There is little ramp in your deck. Nasty Plot can help.
    I have tons of ramp (Jade, Guy Gardner and 2 cost BACs.)

One strategy I feel most players have yet to grasp is the concept of the "disposable pawn." When you make a team, not every characters needs there to do damage to the opponent. There needs to be a character that's soul purpose on the team is to get KO'd to better the team. For this team that's Guy Gardner. Since he's forced to attack anyways, he's the perfect choice. If he makes it through, that's great. If he gets KO'd, that's great.

Also I updated the team. I'm replacing Surprise Attack with True Believer. True Believer is a great BAC and it's cheap. It gives +2A & +2D to a character, not a die, so if I use it with Guy Gardner all his die will have insane stats. Then it also works great with Sinistro.

I have been considering replacing Sinistro with:

to pump up Guy Gardner to insane levels. If I attack with 4 GGs, Green Lantern and True Believer each GG would be 10A 5D to 14A 9D. Yay, for there not being a Power Of 3 Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    There's 3 actually.

I have tons of ramp (Jade, Guy Gardner and 2 cost BACs.)

One strategy I feel most players have yet to grasp is the concept of the "disposable pawn." When you make a team, not every characters needs there to do damage to the opponent. There needs to be a character that's soul purpose on the team is to get KO'd to better the team. For this team that's Guy Gardner. Since he's forced to attack anyways, he's the perfect choice. If he makes it through, that's great. If he gets KO'd, that's great.

Also I updated the team. I'm replacing Surprise Attack with True Believer. True Believer is a great BAC and it's cheap. It gives +2A & +2D to a character, not a die, so if I use it with Guy Gardner all his die will have insane stats. Then it also works great with Sinistro.

I have been considering replacing Sinistro with:

to pump up Guy Gardner to insane levels. If I attack with 4 GGs, Green Lantern and True Believer each GG would be 10A 5D to 14A 9D. Yay, for there not being a Power Of 3 Rule!
    True Believer only gives +2A and +1D. Are you sure it gives all the same dice the boost? I am pretty sure target character refers to a die...if that is not the case, that card is far more powerful than I thought.