Thread: Competitive Mask Team Suggestions and/or comments?

Competitive Mask Team Suggestions and/or comments?

As soon as Dice Masters cam out my wife and I have been big fans! Unfortunately for us the dice masters community is all but non existent and neither if us really have the time to build it up at the moment. But I still enjoy playing competitively! (still working on figuring out vassal, but that's a question for another time)

I've been doing my best to follow the meta and feel that I have an at least somewhat competitive team put together. I can already see a few problems I will face with it, but I wanted to know what all of your thoughts were on it. I really would like to keep it pretty much all masks if possible, but I am open to other suggestions.

Without further ado here is my team list!

(Enter clever mask related team name here)
    Morphing Jar - Canopic Jar - 4 dice
    Lyssa Drak - Future Sight - 3 dice
    Mr. Fantastic - Brilliant Scientist - 2 - dice Global: Pay Mask. Target character must attack this turn.
    Storm - Goddess of the Plains - 3 dice
    Raven - Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos! - 2 dice
    Loki - Gem Keeper - 2 dice
    Professor X - Recruiting Young Mutants - 2 dice - Global: Pay Mask. Move up to 2 Sidekick dice from your used pile to your prep area.
    Lantern Ring - Limited only by Imagination - 2 dice
    BAC-
    Distraction - Global: Pay Mask to remove one attacker from the attack zone to the field.
    Resurrection - Global: Once during your turn pay Shield to draw a dice from your bag and place it in your prep area.

Now the idea is to get a Lyssa Drak, Raven, and Storm (possibly Loki if needed) as well as the Lantern Ring onto the field. With the help of PXG and Morphing, Jar as well as any missed characters, I get a ton of masks. Attack, triggering Lantern Ring. And then distract my guys back to keep as blockers and to attack again next turn! Ideally with masks to spare for PXG and taunting/distracting as needed.
    The execution is the struggle. Until Raven is out, my team is vulnerable to my own Mr. Fantastic Global. And it takes a little time to build up. Aggro teams with Guy Gardner and similar cards are going to be difficult. I feel I have good answers for them, but if I can't get those answers out fast enough and get them to stick, I'll be hurting. I'm not 100% sold on all of the cards. The Resurrection BAC being one of them.

Is there anything else specific that you all can think of that I need to be on the lookout for? Or any suggestions on improvements I can make to speed the team up or to have better answers?
    Thanks for taking a look!

I also run a Mask/Ring team. I'm by no means the authority, but here's what I've found.

I use Mr. Fantastic The Invincible Man (the rare) instead of Brilliant Scientist. I'm not going to purchase Mr. F, and by using the 5-cost with the same global, I ensure that I will still have access to the global if Zombie Magneto is in play.

Lyssa Drak was on my original build for this team as well, but I replaced her with Halfling Thief Apprentice Emerald Enclave. You would not believe how much this card messes with other players using PXG. She can trigger bag refills on your turn before you pass priority, and if your opponent draws something good, send it over to the used pile. This card gave everyone I played at a recent PDC headaches.

This guy. This freaking guy was made to be used with the Lantern Ring. Swamp Thing attacks, the Ring gives him the ability to deal damage to your opponent. So you get to KO an opposing character, before blockers are declared. Swamp Thing is such a tank on this team, and if you decide to use Polymorph instead of Resurrection, it's very gratifying to buy him, Poly him in, attack with Ring damage to KO a character, and use Distraction to bring him back.

Let me know what you think of these changes. There's a few more differences between out Mask/Ring teams, but I'd like to know how these cards work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I also run a Mask/Ring team. I'm by no means the authority, but here's what I've found.

I use Mr. Fantastic The Invincible Man (the rare) instead of Brilliant Scientist. I'm not going to purchase Mr. F, and by using the 5-cost with the same global, I ensure that I will still have access to the global if Zombie Magneto is in play.

Lyssa Drak was on my original build for this team as well, but I replaced her with Halfling Thief Apprentice Emerald Enclave. You would not believe how much this card messes with other players using PXG. She can trigger bag refills on your turn before you pass priority, and if your opponent draws something good, send it over to the used pile. This card gave everyone I played at a recent PDC headaches.

This guy. This freaking guy was made to be used with the Lantern Ring. Swamp Thing attacks, the Ring gives him the ability to deal damage to your opponent. So you get to KO an opposing character, before blockers are declared. Swamp Thing is such a tank on this team, and if you decide to use Polymorph instead of Resurrection, it's very gratifying to buy him, Poly him in, attack with Ring damage to KO a character, and use Distraction to bring him back.

Let me know what you think of these changes. There's a few more differences between out Mask/Ring teams, but I'd like to know how these cards work out for you.
    Nice find with Swamp thing. I knew his time would come eventually.

I use competitive Mask teams often. I would add MJ ( allows you to give a different character overcrush and Gladiator Zombie (gets 2+A and 2+D for Each Mask Character in your field)
    Lots of options for 2 cost Masks with great abilities, I would not run both Morphing Jar and PXG, in my experience it has is not as effective as other options. Field MJ with Gladiator and give him overcrush. He is hard to get out of the field. Have 2-3 MJs purchased and keep fielding. It works out well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MJ.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	533.3 KB 
ID:	4288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gladiator.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	4289

My mask ring team is still in flux. The staples are;
    Distraction
    Psylock (the good one)
    L Ring
    PXG

Then I add Mera for her global, sr Black Cat, unc Lyssa, Constantine, and rare Raven. Ive considered Ring of Magnatism, but in the end it feels clunky. I love the idea of getting value damage out of mask you are already holdings for PXG, but feel the team still needs something.

Beast: Mutate #666 is pretty good on a mask team being cheap buy and cheap to field.

Paralax is nearly a must IMHO. It gives you certainty in your rolls. I feel like there is also no reason for you to have 2 dice on Prof X. He's really only there for the global.

An all masks + LR team won a PDC event I went to. I lost to him in the semis with a LR Bolts team. It can be a real beating with the added consitency using Paralax global.

I would consider this:

Paralax - Global for rerolls
    Lyssa Drak - Makes opp pay life to field
    Raven - no targetting your dudes
    Morphing Jar - 1 cost mask
    Beast - 2 cost that draws dice
    Storm - Wind Rider - rerolls 2 dice and deals damage and sends to used intstead of prep
    Prof X - Global. Only 1 die.
    Lantern Ring

Distraction
    Resurrection
    Last edited by Nemesis; 02-02-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Yoou could also run Big Entrance and the mummy that reduces all mask characters purchase cost by 1.

Anything in D&D:FUS that perk intrest? I think displacer beast common in cool.