Thread: Targeting

Targeting

Does Millenium puzzle target an opposing character when it's ability is used?

I'm asking because I've played other games where targeting was a very literal thing.

We are trying to figure out how Millenium puzzle and the uncommon ring of magnetism work together?

If my opponent has a character with ring of magnetism on do I have to select that monster to remove with the puzzle? If that character is wondergirl can he force me to remove one of mine? We weren't sure on the distinction between targeting and choosing or selecting.

In Dice Masters, any time you are asked to choose, target or select 1 or a specific number of things, and those things are in the field zone, that is targeting.

So does Ring of Magnetism with Wonder Girl: Cassie Sandsmark shut down pretty much every targeted ability in the game?

Can she redirect targeted abilities to non valid targets.

For example. On my turn I wan to use Deadpool to force someone to block can she force it to target one of Deadpools owner's characters basically fizzling the effect? It seems pretty strong if it shuts down so many cards! Trying to figure out when this combo goes off and when it doesn't is kind of a nightmare.

Another random related question. Say I do have no characters in the field. So Wondergirl can not simply redirect the Millenium puzzle effect to one of my characters. When wonder girl is moved to the used pile where does the ring of magnetism go. Does it reequip to a new character does it go to used with W-girl? etc?

Wonder Girl and Lord of D combined with that Ring are very potent. It usually takes a form of non-targeting removal to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    So does Ring of Magnetism with Wonder Girl: Cassie Sandsmark shut down pretty much every targeted ability in the game?

Can she redirect targeted abilities to non valid targets.

For example. On my turn I wan to use Deadpool to force someone to block can she force it to target one of Deadpools owner's characters basically fizzling the effect? It seems pretty strong if it shuts down so many cards! Trying to figure out when this combo goes off and when it doesn't is kind of a nightmare.
    Yes this can be done. Search WKRF for rulings on the Ring (Especially combined with Lord of D).

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Another random related question. Say I do have no characters in the field. So Wondergirl can not simply redirect the Millenium puzzle effect to one of my characters. When wonder girl is moved to the used pile where does the ring of magnetism go. Does it reequip to a new character does it go to used with W-girl? etc?
    Wondergirl is a "may" effect. If there are no opposing characters to redirect the effect to, she has to take it.

See errata on "Continuous" dice (like the Ring, which was errata'd to have Continuous). If they are attached to the character and the character leaves the Field, the Ring goes with her.

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Wait, the ring is Continuous? I was told it is not. If it is you can buy it and field it without attaching to someone. I think it is not Continuous. It says it is played on a monster.

Where am I looking for this errata at?

And while I am at it what exactly is abilities? I thought it was the text on any card.
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=4588

The errata changed nothing except slotting in the Continuous keyword in order to justify it persisting on the board from turn to turn.

Its effect specifically states that it is played onto a character; even though it's continuous, you can't play it without attaching it to a character.

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Okay so it is continuos while attached to a character. I thought by continuous you ment it could just sit
    in the field, just like gear from D&D. It however does not work like that?
    The Continuous keyword means that the action die is played from the reserve pool into the field and that it does not leave the field at the end of the turn. It's up to the individual action die's ability to determine the specifics of how it is played.

Ring of Magnetism specifies that it is played onto a character and so it cannot be played without attaching to a character. Action dice attached to a character file that character when it leaves the field except for action dice with the Equip keyword, so even though Ring of Magnetism is continuous, it will still leave the field if the attached character is sent to the used pile or knocked out.

So necroing an old thread to ask another question.

If I have Wondergirl - Cassie Sandmassk out with Ring of Magnetism UC attached can I perform the following.

My opponent wants to use Polymorph the action dice and is forced to target Cassie. I want to redirect this a fielded dice of theirs say Captain America. The problem is they have no dice in used for cap to swap with. I redirect this action to target Cap, there are no dice in used to swap with, so the effect fizzles?