Thread: Polymorph Control

Polymorph Control

Hey guys, just wanted to share a deck I made with inspiration from all of the Polymorph antics I saw at nationals. Usually I wouldn't share builds but I think I can easily share with everyone here.

Resurrection 4 BAC
    Polymorph 3 BAC

Black Widow Killer Instinct 2 F 4 Dice
    Beast Generic Expert 2 M 4 Dice
    Human Torch Johnny Storm 4 B 2 Dice
    Storm Wind Rider 5 M 4 Dice
    Jinzo Trap Destroyer 6 S 2 Dice
    Venom Angelo Fortunado 6 F 2 Dice
    Professor X Recruiting Young Mutants 6 M 1 Dice
    Blue-Eyes White Dragon Monstrous Dragon 7 B 1 Dice

I saw how easily people were getting out hulk, and figured jinzo would be just as good, even better at putting you ahead with so much PXG and BEG going around. Venom helps against mirrors if anyone plans on using Polymorph as well, they wouldn't be able to Polymorph sidekicks, or use BEG on sidekicks, which would ruin their plan while you went ahead and Polymorph Jinzo into play proceeding Venom. I don't have Tsarina or Gobby, but with Venom out Black Widow can turn into an assassin if the characters level 1 has 2 or less toughness (and isn't a fist character). I fell in love with the BEG when a friend brought the global, and I proceeded to buy a storm, knock out that storm to buy another and was re-rolling 2-4 characters a turn combined with discount buys. If your opponent brings Magic missile to the game you can get an early Jinzo, then add in Venom to turn their own Magic Missile global into a nice kill engine. Let me know what you think!

This looks pretty sweet and needs to be tested. When you say BEG, do you mean BGE? If not, I have no idea what you mean.

...I think I should keep track of the lingo that confuses me in case other new folks don't know either.

I am guessing BEG refers to the Blue Eyes Global - Pay [1 Bolt] and knock out one of your monsters to reduce the cost of the next die you buy by 2 energy.

I have also seen this written as BEWD for Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Yeah BEG refers to Blue-Eyes Global, I figured it was a nice abbreviation like PXG, sorry for the confusion!

No worries! I'm just used to seeing BEWD. Now that makes sense.

And monster is a D&D affiliation, right? Or, is it just another word for "character", which would count sidekicks.

Excellent, thanks! That global just jumped super high on my list now.

I did see Polymorph used once to pull opponent's stuff off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I did see Polymorph used once to pull opponent's stuff off the field.
    it was used against me in round 1 of swiss on the live stream. He swapped my Hulk and Nick Fury

Polymorph can be a double-edged sword but if you get an advantage early on them switching your character shouldn't end the game right there for you. Just bought a Tsarina for $50, I'm thinking about adding her in (taking out Killer Instinct), if anything it will help me push the win faster.

I had a great casual game using Common Kobold/Uncommon Purple worm. Kobold feeds the global level 2/3 characters and is a great target for the actual action text, just put rare swords and helmets on all Kobolds and you have a sudden "incinvceable"-death touch one cost to hold out for PW

Yay polymorph!

I think the trick is going to be figuring out how to play around Polymorph, to disrupt it while still doing enough on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I think the trick is going to be figuring out how to play around Polymorph, to disrupt it while still doing enough on your own.
    Rare Elf Wizard? Use them if your opponent buys them. I did have a tough game against Poly-Global to beef up Common Invisible Stalker, my Uncommon Purple Worm was great for assassinating it.