Thread: Article: Wizkids Nationals Weekend: DC Dice Masters Rainbow Drafts!

Article: Wizkids Nationals Weekend: DC Dice Masters Rainbow Drafts!

More people should post "warstories" like this. I really enjoyed. Only way to make it better is turn-by-turn which would have been a crazy way to do it.

That being said, you did give me an idea...

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    More people should post "warstories" like this. I really enjoyed. Only way to make it better is turn-by-turn which would have been a crazy way to do it.
    I like writing like this. It's just hard in a competetive setting to always remember what happened turn-by-turn. When I played Dave in the 2nd round of swiss at nationals, I told him that we could take pics of our board states and tweet them out or whatever. I think that could have been cool.

And strangers probably aren't going to appreciate me stopping to take notes during our match. Especially when there's a time limit. But I was dang proud of that winning turn in the 2nd rainbow draft because my opponent didn't see it coming at all. So that stuck in my mind.

There is a guy on YouTube, Hunter Alakai, who records his drafting, then gives you a synopsis of the matches afterword. I honestly think that watching his DnD draft choices, and process helped me stomp my first draft. I highly recommend his videos if you are looking for draft practice or theory.

That might be worth looking in to. Possibly have a small stand right in front of you with a smartphone recording. So it sees the cards you look through and what you draft. That could be really cool.

My girlfriend and I are going to play some things this weekend and I'll use an audio recorder.

Yeah depends on the sets and what is available. PXG, resurrection, the similar DC one.

I did two drafts, and managed to pull SR Flash in the first one and SR Black Canary in the second. =D I was a happy camper.

In the first draft I was in, between the 5 of us we managed to pull 3 SRs (Catwoman, Flash, Constantine). I ended up playing against Constantine, but it wasn't too bad because my opponent kept naming characters I managed to either not pull or just roll for energy.

This was a fun read, so I'm guessing you were allowed to keep PXG in your back pocket during the draft and insert him into the team once the draft was over?

Disclaimer: I've never been a part of a rainbow draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ_Mitchell View Post
    This was a fun read, so I'm guessing you were allowed to keep PXG in your back pocket during the draft and insert him into the team once the draft was over?

Disclaimer: I've never been a part of a rainbow draft.
    Nope. The only non-DC cards you could use were basic actions.