Thread: D&D 2

D&D 2 Anticipated Cards

What cards are you most excited about so far and why?

I actually think Hill Giant will be fun. 3 cost with overcrush, add cone of cold or anger issues BAC with Kobold swarm. No sidekick chump blocking there.

Displacer Beast - Lesser Monstrosity (Ring of Magnetism - Action Attraction)

Goblins - They have swarm

Bahamut - Dragon of Justice - Breath weapon 3 AND Overcrush? Great card for a common

Lich - Lesser Undead - x2 Energy Drain? Spin teams incoming

Half Orc Barbarian - Lesser Harper - I can see this with overcrush

Cloud Kill BAC

Blink Transmutation BAC - Distract and the bought die can help cause damage

Lolth - Demon Ruler of DemonWeb Pits - Beefy and she can slow down a game

Balor - Lesser Fiend - Reminds me of the Limited Wish Card. Good stats

I like the 2 cost elf Thief the best so far, seems like a great way to disrupt my opponent's game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggaeTroll View Post
    I like the 2 cost elf Thief the best so far, seems like a great way to disrupt my opponent's game plan.
    Agreed. The stealing mechanic seems fun. They might be holding onto that specific energy to ramp, or do another global, so taking that specific one would be annoying for sure.

Right now, we know we have some Goblins with Fist Swarm and Giant Spiders with Shield Swarm. I am hoping to see more Mask Swarm, but right now Giant Spider is the top of my list.

Beholder: Seriously, who thought that die, with those ludicrous stats and fielding costs, was ok for a 4-cost? Plus, you get an awesome fielded effect and a fun global! And it's a common too! That is just absolutely ludicrous.

Delayed Blast Fireball: Ladies and gents, welcome to the new win condition. Play defense, then clear your opponent's field with Fireball and swing for lethal.

All of the fiends. That just looks like it'll be a lot of fun to build around.

And finally, last not but least, elf thief. It seems like no matter which version you get, you'll troll your opponent (I think we've seen 2 so far?). It is such delicious, delicious chaos.

I think the current meta's about to get a kick in the teeth.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarony View Post
    That new Ring SR! So hot.
    Really hoping the global is on the other versions. If not, I expect this card to see Constantinian pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by RainCityJenna View Post
    Agreed. The stealing mechanic seems fun. They might be holding onto that specific energy to ramp, or do another global, so taking that specific one would be annoying for sure.

I love that ability to disrupt your opponent's plans and throw just enough of a wrench in to make it to your advantage.

I like the Intellect Devourer. Time it well and you can kill their plans and fill their bag.

Quote Originally Posted by RainCityJenna View Post
    I actually think Hill Giant will be fun. 3 cost with overcrush, add cone of cold or anger issues BAC with Kobold swarm. No sidekick chump blocking there.
    You could go full monster tribal and get the Teamwork BAC.

Quote Originally Posted by ccm00007 View Post
    Delayed Blast Fireball: Ladies and gents, welcome to the new win condition. Play defense, then clear your opponent's field with Fireball and swing for lethal.
    Most likely there is a counter in set. Not mention any character with the ability to remove action dice from the field will do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Really hoping the global is on the other versions. If not, I expect this card to see Constantinian pricing.
    Is no one else going to comment on this or are we all going to ignore it? Cause he's right, you know, that global is absurd. CommonRingGlobal2k16

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Is no one else going to comment on this or are we all going to ignore it? Cause he's right, you know, that global is absurd. CommonRingGlobal2k16
    Well in D&D 1, the Beholders all had the same global.

The hype machine made me do it. I caved and just preordered 2 boxes and a starter of this set. I convinced myself I wouldn't do it, but the feels got the best of me. Between that Ring, that elf that hijacks an energy, that not-distraction card, and that adorable spider lady I had to do it.

I can't wait to use my opponent's energy to use my energy in my used pile. Going to be fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    I can't wait to use my opponent's energy to use my energy in my used pile. Going to be fun times.
    Yes.

I'm really excited for the fiends, the Cheetah upgrade on Hell Hound looks awesome, especially when you can use some of the other fiends to make him cheaper than a 3 cost. Could be fun.

The hype machine made me do it. I caved and just preordered 2 boxes and a starter of this set. I convinced myself I wouldn't do it, but the feels got the best of me. Between that Ring, that elf that hijacks an energy, that not-distraction card, and that adorable spider lady I had to do it.

Why wouldn't you?

Standard buying for me is a case plus starter set for each set. I think anything more is silly, as the price you'll be paying for the gravity feeds/cases after that will be more than what you'd spend straight up on the last couple of rares and SRs you're missing, plus selling all your extra rares and dice.

A case is the best thing to buy, because you can get them plus a starter for $150 flat, and you'll barely need to spend anything more to finish the set, especially with selling your extras from the original case of two gravity feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Why wouldn't you?

Standard buying for me is a case plus starter set for each set. I think anything more is silly, as the price you'll be paying for the gravity feeds/cases after that will be more than what you'd spend straight up on the last couple of rares and SRs you're missing, plus selling all your extra rares and dice.
    I was considering holding off until I had a bit more money. I'm in the process of paying off multiple loans so having a bit of extra money is nice.

Its standard buying for me too. I usually don't sell my extras, I just give them to people I know (including rares) because it makes sense to me to get people already interested in the game into the game, and those already playing deeper.

I was considering holding off until I had a bit more money. I'm in the process of paying off multiple loans so having a bit of extra money is nice.

Its standard buying for me too. I usually don't sell my extras, I just give them to people I know (including rares) because it makes sense to me to get people already interested in the game into the game, and those already playing deeper.
    Yeah, I say all that about selling things off, but I even give my dupe rares away to friends, since I at most need 1 or 2 rares after the case, and I can usually just order them (couple rares I don't have, any SRs I also didn't get, unless I know a friend is going to be getting a case or so of it and will be down to trade) immediately after opening the two gravity feeds and counting everything. I keep 4-5 dice for each character/action, otherwise I have put all my extra dice into a plastic container along with all my extra cards, and bring them into the store when I'm judging and just let people have a free-for-all with it all.

I think for one set I managed to give a friend a full C/U set with 4 dice each just from extras, and that wasn't even all I gave away. The 5-7? (can't remember now) dupe rares get split between my friends, or I'll just randomly give a couple at a time to someone for no reason. I do like to trade my SRs or keep or sell them, though.

Recently, someone actually offered me a free Hulk SR they pulled because I'd given them a lot of DM extras from cases bought, and if it was most other SRs I didn't have I'd have said yes, but I just knew I was never going to play it, even in a "for fun" team, so it would just be taking it from him to sit around. It's just not my style of for fun SR, I don't know how to explain it - I just knew it'd never work its way onto a team, as opposed to maybe SR Violet Lantern Corps Wonder Woman, or something.