Thread: Johnny Storm

Johnny Storm

Hello again, so I've been playing some constructed at a local shop, and I'm not sure a couple of the guys there are using Johnny Storm correctly. When they have Johnny Storm active and field another character, both of them have been doing 1 damage to one of my characters AND one damage to one of their own. I can't see in the wording of the ability, or anywhere on any rules forum saying it damages a character for both players.

He deals 1 damage to the opponent (you, the player, from your starting 20 health) and 1 damage to A target character. This character can be any character in the Field, belonging to either player, but it's only 1 target character.

Quote Originally Posted by flight602 View Post
    Hello again, so I've been playing some constructed at a local shop, and I'm not sure a couple of the guys there are using Johnny Storm correctly. When they have Johnny Storm active and field another character, both of them have been doing 1 damage to one of my characters AND one damage to one of their own. I can't see in the wording of the ability, or anywhere on any rules forum saying it damages a character for both players.
    They're playing it somewhat right and wrong. It targets a character and one damage to the opposing player. That's why the Jade Giant/Green Goliath and Human Torch combo works. Its very popular.

Probably thought it said "opponent's character" and "target character" instead of just "opponent".

Quote Originally Posted by flight602 View Post
    Oh no, they were hitting me for 1 damage as well. So one for me, one for one of my dice, and one for one of theirs
    Two out of three are right. Its one to you and ONE to target character.

How did they get that wrong? It says only one character.