Thread: Stopping My Opponent's use of PXG

Stopping My Opponent's use of PXG

So I've done some research on stopping my opponent from using my globals, and the only counter I've seen is the Rare Wasp, which doesn't counter it but simply pings them for it. I was wondering which other cards could either stop or hurt my opponent for using my globals, as I've seem to remember people mentioning other cards to stop this effect. I know Human Paladin stops them from targeting my characters, like with Distraction, but none on passive globals.

Duh, completely forgot about Jinzo. Also, Loki is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. And Doomcaliber Knight now rings a bell as well xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    jinzo trap destroyer.
    also loki laufeyson. play and ping your own prof x on your turn before passing priority.
    Loki only works if you have a Professor X die fielded, and it only affects that die not the card.

If your opponent has Professor X and you want to be the only one able to use it, you can use Prismatic Spray to wipe it during your turn.

The Uncommon Professor X from AvX will make your opponent pay 2 life (one time) to be able to use any Globals that turn.

Upcoming Elf Thief: Paragon Emerald Enclave from D&D2 will make your opponent pay 2 life for each Global on the turn Elf Thief is fielded.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Loki only works if you have a Professor X die fielded, and it only affects that die not the card.

If your opponent has Professor X and you want to be the only one able to use it, you can use Prismatic Spray to wipe it during your turn.

The Uncommon Professor X from AvX will make your opponent pay 2 life (one time) to be able to use any Globals that turn.

Upcoming Elf Thief: Paragon Emerald Enclave from D&D2 will make your opponent pay 2 life for each Global on the turn Elf Thief is fielded.
    Thanks! And I just found the Uncommon Professor X, and that seems pretty good, although it defeats the point of stopping my opponent from using my PXG, only other globals. Thanks for the help though! And You can delete this thread or whatever if you want to.

Actually, one more quick question. If I use Prismatic Spray on my turn, that will only prevent them from using it on my turn, but not on their turn, correct?

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid7201 View Post
    Actually, one more quick question. If I use Prismatic Spray on my turn, that will only prevent them from using it on my turn, but not on their turn, correct?
    Yep, but mostly they probably want to use it on their turn. It's pretty effective!

Prismatic Spray should usually only be on your team IF you do not have a PXG of your own. Wiping their card text is fine but if there's a PXG on your team then its somewhat wasted because they can use yours.

There's the DoomCaliber Knight rare

I'm a heavy user of Wasp - Founding Avenger (before it was Jinzo)

There's only so much you can do to stop them from using PXG. I just go with taxing. Its a decent way to burn life off and keeps them from doing a little too much.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 01-27-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Your best bet is to use one of the above cards or use their PXG against them.