Thread: Gobby in the current Meta

Gobby in the current Meta

How would you best put Gobby on a competitve team with the meta the way it is now?

as an alternative win condition with cards like White Tiger to get SKs on the field. Honestly, there are so many more options, why stick with a classic?

Gobby fits well into a control style IMO, he's a passive way to do damage that you don't have to invest very much energy to deal the damage. With sidekicks being around till the end of this games existence, I believe he will never not be relevant unless they make a card that counters all direct damage and actually does something other than that, or is so cheap you could buy the character without much effort. Captain America does a good job nerfing his damage, but if he is an alternate win condition then buying a captain America because you see a Gobby on the other side is not always the best idea.

My last PDC I lost the final match to someone playing Gobby + MJ Rare.

He will be in the meta for a long time. Just like Tsarina and Hulk GG.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    My last PDC I lost the final match to someone playing Gobby + MJ Rare.
    This might be a stupid question but he wasn't giving Gobby Overcrush right?

Oh no, he was just using MJ as a cheap Sidekick with more faces. Gobby is a Villain and therefore can't get MJ's Overcrush bonus

Our local PDC the top 2 players were running Gobby.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    wait, you can't do that...?
    Yes you can. Field Gobby, roll Gobby into an energy, roll Gobby without spending any energy from his die, roll a character face, refield Gobby. Totally works.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    wait, you can't do that...?
    It takes a *lot* of energy, but you can reroll him char->energy, move to Reserve Pool, reroll energy->char and field again.

a different combo for those who dont have gobby. credit to retro-matic gamer on youtube where i saw this. torchallax. field a human torch johnny storm (or "flame on") and use parallax to reroll a bunch of cheap die like ant man or morphing jar and your sidekicks. field and re-field everything over and over. can use big entrance with this combo pretty effectively too. also gets you in under human paladins global, something gobby doesn't do.

I have some plans for Gobby. Not sure I want to say much until I test it further, but I have a hunch.