Thread: Should DC/Marvel Sets Incorporate D&D-style Equipment Mechanic?

Should DC/Marvel Sets Incorporate D&D-style Equipment Mechanic?

One think I like about the D&D sets is the option to equip a specific dice to boost their stats or add an ability to make them better. This would also allow us to incorporate D&D equipment into mixed set teams.

We could get items like Mr. Freeze's Freeze Gun, which would have the power to freeze a die/character until your next turn during your attack based off its rarity. For Marvel there could be the Infinty Gems along with Mjolnir causing 3 damage to a die before an attack and Vibranuim Shield giving +3D when blocking or make your opponent's die take damage by rerolling it and it landing on a face die repeatedly before the attack phase. If it lands on energy or it goes into Used. And you can't target the same die twice.

We already have Thor's Hammer and Captain America's Shield.

I'm ok with D&D equipment staying with D&D. Just do more action dice.

I think equipment should stay in D&D. I could see iron man getting an equip style non-basic action for something like a hulk buster suit, but not many other heroes have interchangeable equipment other than the gun users.

Just leave it to DnD.

I can see it in a Lord of the Rings esque set but there's not many cards that change weapons or suits. Like Stormy said