Thread: Storm Weather Witch Vs. Magic Missile

Storm Weather Witch Vs. Magic Missile

Storm's global says:

Global: Pay mask. Change the target of an action die that targets a character die to the character die of your choice.

Magic Missile says:

Global: Pay bolt. Deal 1 damage to a character.

I know that the action part doesn't affect Storm (and can be redirected using her global), but my question is about the Magic Missile Global.

1. Can I spend a mask to use Storm's gloabl redirect a Magic Missile global?
    2. Does the global text on an Action card count as an Action Die?
    I guess I'm hung up on deciding if all text on the card counts as "action die", or if the effect of rolling the action symbol is the only part that is acknowledged.
    The Magic Missile global also doesn't say "Target", but I can't imagine it doesn't count as a targeting effect.

I'm hoping I can redirect it, but my assumption is Wizkidz would rule it the other way due to omissions in the card texts.
    I also like to think about this stuff thematically, and if someone tried to Magic Missile ping Storm or one of her Allies, you better believe she'd summon up a gust of wind to send that junk right back!

Magic Missile does target one character.

Globals on cards are not (generally) considered to be "from" the card they are printed on. A Global on a character that deals damage does not consider that character to be the "source" of the damage. Similarly, a Global printed on an Action card is not considered to be coming from the Action DIE (as Storm clarifies).

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    Storm's global says:

Global: Pay mask. Change the target of an action die that targets a character die to the character die of your choice.

Magic Missile says:

Global: Pay bolt. Deal 1 damage to a character.

I know that the action part doesn't affect Storm (and can be redirected using her global), but my question is about the Magic Missile Global.

1. Can I spend a mask to use Storm's gloabl redirect a Magic Missile global?
    2. Does the global text on an Action card count as an Action Die?
    I guess I'm hung up on deciding if all text on the card counts as "action die", or if the effect of rolling the action symbol is the only part that is acknowledged.
    The Magic Missile global also doesn't say "Target", but I can't imagine it doesn't count as a targeting effect.

I'm hoping I can redirect it, but my assumption is Wizkidz would rule it the other way due to omissions in the card texts.
    I also like to think about this stuff thematically, and if someone tried to Magic Missile ping Storm or one of her Allies, you better believe she'd summon up a gust of wind to send that junk right back!
    Vibranium shield is one of the few cards that can negate one hit.

No, Storm Weather witch does not re-direct Globals. Only action dice targeting a character. The magic missile action dice if used on a character can be re-directed but not the global.