Thread: Custom Dice Masters Trading Cards

This is very cool, but I have to ask if you have permission to use WizKids' copyright?

I'm not sure that WizKids would allow people to buy alternate art version of their cards made-to-order. If you're not selling anything, that's all well and good too, but just know that it doesn't matter whether or not you're profiting from their copyright, just that you are infringing upon it without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    This is very cool, but I have to ask if you have permission to use WizKids' copyright?

I'm not sure that WizKids would allow people to buy alternate art version of their cards made-to-order. If you're not selling anything, that's all well and good too, but just know that it doesn't matter whether or not you're profiting from their copyright, just that you are infringing upon it without permission.
    Yeah, they have a big problem with anything that uses their copyright without permission... even if you're just giving it away.

Quote Originally Posted by geneinkc View Post
    Yeah, they have a big problem with anything that uses their copyright without permission... even if you're just giving it away.
    It's not like they're just being dicks, if they know of a copyright violation and don't take action, they can lose the right to protect their copyright in certain circumstances. It's similar to keeping loiterers off your property because if they stay long enough, they can become squatters and get legal rights that they didn't have before.

The only way to get away with copyright infringment is for things that are strictly personal use. The moment you involve strangers or WizKids events, that's all out the window and WizKids has to act to protect itself.