Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, who is going to Canadian Nationals??

So, who is going to Canadian Nationals??

You don't have to give us your team or anything. But let us know if you're going so we can root for you.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I'm almost certainly going. If I make it, it looks like I'll need a partner for doubles. Anyone willing to talk about that?

I haven't ever played doubles. I hope my regular group will be willing to try it out in the next week or two. If that happens I'm happy to share what I learn.

Blog Entries
    Appreciate that! Might be too late for Canadian nationals though - just a week from Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Appreciate that! Might be too late for Canadian nationals though - just a week from Sunday...
    Wow, didn't realize it was happening so soon!

I wish I could go, but Manitoba to Ottawa is too far to go.

I will 100% be watching and cheering you on. Just let me know who to cheer for before the event!

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    I wish I could go, but Manitoba to Ottawa is too far to go.

I will 100% be watching and cheering you on. Just let me know who to cheer for before the event!
    We sure they will be streaming again?

I sure hope so. Seems like it would be a lost opportunity. At the very least, I hope some people will live-tweet or live-blog it.

The Twitch streaming has been catching on for other games, and I sure hope they'll keep it going. Great way to build the game.

Blog Entries
    I'm up to 90% sure I'll be there. Anyone else going to make it? Look for the big guy in the geeky Iron Man shirt.

Make sure you report on the event for us Canadians who don't get to go.

Blog Entries
    One way or another, we'll get a report up here on TRP. Ideally, they'll stream and I can keep a forum or blog updated throughout the day like Dave did for US nationals.

That would be great! I really enjoyed the live blogging for Nationals.

Fun4Willis and I are making the trip up together. It's about 7 hours each way, so I hope we aren't too burnt out, but it should be fun either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxqueb View Post
    I seem to remember that it is Canadian nats this weekend? Is that right? Anyone going? I am interested to hear what the field looks like. I know we were spoiled with the excellent coverage of U.S. nationals, but it really whetted my appetite to see what is happening outside my local scene.
    I merged these threads. One, to put these conversations in the same place. Two, to see if I could figure out how to merge threads. Looks like it worked.

Has there been any word about a livestream? I really want to see how the doubles meta will work in practice.

For those folks who are not on mobile, just take that part out of the address. As soon as I get back from responsibility stuff, I will be loading up some livestream. I'm an old school HeroClix guy, so I'll enjoy that too.

Maybe we can get some DM Hangout stuff going this weekend.

NOTE: Some of the people on the stream are saying they may not show much Dice Masters, and if they do, it may be bonus coverage. HeroClix is getting the bulk of the attention.

That's quite disappointing.

Received an update: 21 players showed up for DM tourney.

I'm assuming the same as you, but I'm not sure. I know some people went to Nationals for other games and just played DM "because". Personally, I'm not that disappointed with "21".