Thread: Article: I Heart the Swarm

One of my favourite all time Marvel characters has yet to make an appearance in Dice Masters...

Jamie Madrox - aka Multiple Man

Swarm would be a fantasticly thematic ability for him to have. Hopefully we'll see that someday.

Oh my Goodness. Madrox in Dice Masters would be a blast.

Great article, great comment.

I know absolutely zero about the D&D set, but "swarm" is one of those things that I am looking to explore once my set arrives. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.

Glad to know there is another Multiple Man fan out there...he would for sure be a fun character! There are all kinds of unique game affects that you could come up with that would be thematic to his mutant ability. He'd likely have to have very minimal stats on his die to make these work, but that would also be thematic to him, just being a normal dude that can multiply himself an infinite number of times whenever he encounters kinetic energy. He can also absorb back his duplicates into "Madrox Prime" at will. My suggestions would include the following:

- No Max Limit of Dice on his cards
    - Every time Madrox takes damage, purchase and immediately field another Mardox die. This Purchasing and Fielding is free.
    - Pay 1 Bolt or 1 Fist. Move a Madrox die from your used pile to prep area
    - When a Madrox die is KO'd, give another single Madrox die in the field +1A/+1D
    - When fielded, you may move another already fielded Madrox Die to the used pile, and give the newly fielded Madrox die +1A/+1D

Just a few ideas...come on WK...let's get Multiple Man in the game!

Finally, Swarm is getting some love around here! I knew Swarm was a great mechanic the instant I saw it, but other players don't see why because they're addicted to PXG. It great to see an article like this that finally understands its true power.

I say its better than PXG for the simple fact opponents can't leech off it. This one factor is why I rate PXG a 4 where others state its a 5. For it to be a 5 the card needs to be unstoppable under all conditions when PXG clearly isn't. The card that beats PXG is Professor X - Powerful Telepath. That's the PXG killer and I'm surprised it wasn't used at all during Nationals.

All players have to do is leech off their opponent's PXG and pay for PXPT on their second turn, get it out by third or fourth turn and the opponent's team pretty much falls apart. Go ahead and use PXG, but it'll cost 2 life per turn. I'll bleed him of life and I can still use his PXG. BWAH-HA-HA!

I like this new evil forum member. I think we'll get along juuuuuust great.

Once I get those cards, I will heavily consider that team. I was also thinking about the other Professor X, and now I reaaaaaaally want to try swarm.

Thanks for the article, Evan. I've been messing around with swarm this week and I've become addicted. When combined with PXG you can ROLL SO MANY DICE! Now I just need to figure out what to do with all that to do with all that energy...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Thanks for the article, Evan. I've been messing around with swarm this week and I've become addicted. When combined with PXG you can ROLL SO MANY DICE! Now I just need to figure out what to do with all that to do with all that energy...
    I have an idea, but you have to wait for it tomorrow morning.

Vonville, Jinzo is the more favorable counter to PXG, and people did bring that card. The one thing the original Professor x didn't have over Jinzo, is to use a global for the turn you just need to pay 2 life for the whole turn. With Jinzo it is 2 life per global or action.

Played in a D&D Rainbow Draft last night and I now have joined the "I Love Swarm" fan club. It was really nice to be pulling extra dice to roll