Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boardgamers?

Boardgamers?

I figure some of us are boardgame players. I know Dave and Evan talk about some games at the start of the Podcast. So I'm wondering, what are you, members of the community, playing right now?

As for me, I just got into Pandemic: The Cure and King of New York. Both are fun games for completely different reasons, but both have the ecstasy and agony of die rolls that we all know so well. I also have my classic favorite - Cosmic Encounter - which is an amazing game of variable powers, and no game is ever the same.

I should note, I used to write a boardgame blog. Had a case of the real life, and decided to kinda let it fade away. Still there's a lot of cool stuff there. - http://bitsofboardgames.blogspot.com
    Last edited by mathguy6189; 04-18-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Only other game we have touched since DM has been "Ticket to Ride: Europe Version". Absolutely adore it.

I just recently received Xenoshyft Onslaught. It's a 1-4 player cooperative deck builder where you work together to hold off the aliens from destroying your base. Other than that I'm also playing Five Tribes, Dead of Winter, and Pandemic among others. I also play X-Wing and Krosmaster: Arena when I can make it to an event.

Games ALL THE TIME. We love our collection. Current favorite remains Alien Frontiers.

Five Tribes is my favorite 2014 release aside from Dice Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Amen! I have probably had it in my CoolStuffInc cart a couple times since its release.

I'm an avid board gamer. In fact, I play every week with the folks who organize Dice Tower Con. (not to be confused with the folks that run the Dice Tower websites). I will also be manning a booth for GMT games at the up coming Dice Tower Con in Orlando.

Games ALL THE TIME. We love our collection. Current favorite remains Alien Frontiers.

Only have had a chance to play Alien Frontiers once, but it sits in my game bag just waiting to get played again. It's a bit daunting to teach, but I think once I teach some people, it will flow a lot better. Still, I really enjoyed my first play of the game.

I have a group that plays once a week. Favorites include Kemet, Vinhos, Cyclades, Yedo, and Lords of Waterdeep. For lighter games I enjoy Smash Up!, King of New York, and Love Letter.

Quote Originally Posted by mathguy6189 View Post
    Only have had a chance to play Alien Frontiers once, but it sits in my game bag just waiting to get played again. It's a bit daunting to teach, but I think once I teach some people, it will flow a lot better. Still, I really enjoyed my first play of the game.
    Oh man, I fell for Alien Frontiers right away, from my first play. It was great when I finally get it. My only regret is that I also went for some of those infernal rocket dice.

Huge boardgamer here.

Right now we're into Scoville. We got it as a gift over Five Tribes (my dad made the pick) so I still don't know what I'm missing in Five Tribes. Scoville is good!

I still have yet to play Blood Bowl Team Manager... it's been sitting on my shelf mocking me. I really want to get this out there.

I love me some board games, but I have small kids and my gaming group lives an hour away, so we get together maybe 2 a month. As such, I have like 4 games that I've bought and have yet to play, and another couple that I've only played once.

Zombicide and Marvel legendary are the groups favorites, and have been for some time. I just received Xenoshyft and am PUMPED to try it soon. With Canadian nationals (DM) and a local Grand Prix (MTG) coming up most of my other games are being neglected in favour of play testing.

Dave and I are quite proud of our collection - we are definitely the "board game people" in our group of friends.

As he already mentioned earlier, Alien Frontiers is probably our favorite game to pull out since the game flows so well, even with just 2 players. And it has dice and pieces that look like candy.

My personal favorite to pull out is Galaxy Trucker since Dave can't stand it. I'm always the jerk who rushes the clock for everyone to finish building their ship. I'm usually a pretty mellow person, but I turn chaotic evil during this game.

We recently got Sheriff of Nottingham a few weeks ago - I want to play it so bad, but group schedules have been busy lately.

I HATE GALAXY TRUCKER! I have a BEAUTIFUL ship planned out and you turn the timer.

Grr.

Netrunner. I still love Netrunner.

I really enjoy Android: Netrunner too. I like to play it casually though (can not really handle it as a lifestyle game). I guess I play Dice Masters casually too (mainly because there is not a big scene in my area).

I recently got to play Madame Ching which I enjoyed for what it is (light eurogame). It was one of the recent Cathala games that I had not played (Abyss/5Tribes were both sweet).

Some of my favourite games from my collection (vaguely in rough order of how often they get played)...

Pandemic: The Cure.
    Takenoko.
    Pandemic (with all expansions except the latest (which is right at the top of my 'when Dice Masters releases slow down a bit' buy list)).
    Flash Point: Fire Rescue (with all the expansions).
    Stuff and Nonsense.
    Unexploded Cow.
    Tsuro.
    King of New York.
    King of Tokyo (with Power Up! and Halloween expansions).
    Lords of Waterdeep (with Scoundrels of Skullport).
    ShadowRift.
    Space Alert.
    Zombicide (Seasons 1 through 3 with all expansions, add-ons, and promos, except for a couple of the Game Night Kit characters).

Huge avid board gamer. Heard about dicemasters because of Tom Vasal and his love for it on the Dice Tower podcast. We have quite a few, but the current favorites are:

Revolution!
    munchkin panic
    Star Realms
    Carcassonne
    Power Grid
    Splendor
    Sushi Go!
    Boss Monster

These get the most play for sure.

I am a huge boardgamer! I have quite a collection. Alas, I haven't had time to get any out on the table recently. The last game that saw play was Tales of the Arabian Nights. As about opposite of Dice Masters as one could get, I'd imagine.

We're hoping to get Sheriff of Nottingham out tomorrow evening, as well as Alien Frontiers.

I remember absolutely loving Munchkin, and then just finding it "meh" within a week. Unless it's a game that can be played with two people, it won't get any play in our household.