Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which IP would you bring to Dice Masters?

Which IP would you bring to Dice Masters?

We've seen comic book heroes, tabletop games, and an anime be turned into DM characters which means pretty much anything goes. Which intellectual properties would you like to see turned into a Dice Masters set?

For me, it's Street Fighter.

Lots of great characters, lots of great abilities, and it wouldn't be super expensive to collect the characters. I'm sure someone here will say Pokemon, and as much as I'd love it too, you're bound to leave way too many characters out. I'd prefer Digimon over Pokemon for that reason.

Other interesting IPs: WWE (whether recent wrestlers or legends), Nintendo (maybe Super Smash Bros.?), Dick Tracy (this would never fly, but there are so many iconic villains and this would be excellent.)

Add to the list, folks!

I will one-up your Street Fighter suggestion, and just say Capcom. Lots of Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Mega Man... If each one of those properties was popular enough to merit their own set, that would be great. I'm just not sure.

One reason I don't like that suggestion is "Project X Zone". So many characters I know absolutely nothing about. Although, I will say that Mega Man would be another fun one. So many robot masters!

I'd love to see a set based of the Firefly universe. Although given the number of other Firefly games out there I'm not sure it would happen.
    Also, along the video game theme a Dice Master set based off the Dragon Age or Mass Effect series could be really fun.

Lord of the Rings (They already have a dice game license for LotR, right? Ths HAS to transition over!)
    Game of Thrones
    Star Wars
    Star Trek
    The Fifth Element
    Battletech
    D&D Ravenloft
    D&D Dragonlance
    D&D Greyhawk
    Battlestar Galactica
    Wheel of Time
    Star Gate

Just to name a few off the top of my head. lol

+1 for LoTR. They *have* the license. They really should do it.

I wouldn't mind Smurfs either (again they have some sort of license for it), but suspect I'm in the minority there.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    One reason I don't like that suggestion is "Project X Zone". So many characters I know absolutely nothing about. Although, I will say that Mega Man would be another fun one. So many robot masters!
    I dunno... I kinda LIKE that aspect. I remember playing the first Marvel vs Capcom on PS1, and not knowing who Strider and Jin were, but absolutely loving those chaeacters. Especially Strider. (I even bought the Strider action figure from the Marvel vs Capcom series)

That's how we discover new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I wouldn't mind Smurfs either (again they have some sort of license for it), but suspect I'm in the minority there.
    Speaking of licenses they have, I spoke with Jimmy (from Wizkids. The guy who did the commentary for the stream) at Nationals about potential future sets. No spoilers or anything exciting, but he did say he wished he could use some of their more obscure licenses for Dice Masters. Pee Wee Herman and Elvis Presley were mentioned. They have the rights to use those properties. Can you imagine next year at Nationals if one of the limited promo cards was Elvis, with a die included? That would be hilarious and fun!

That's pretty epic.

Smurfs would be fun, Peanuts also be great.

As for LOTR, I really couldn't care less about it, but I know my girlfriend would go crazy for them.

I would be most excited for the following
    Star Wars
    D&D Dragonlance
    Lord of the Rings

Other ideas that would be fun
    Dr. Who
    GI Joe
    Ninja Turtles
    Ghostbusters

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Star Wars will never happen due to FFG's monopoly on the IP, but WizKids has the license for LotR, AND has already put out an Eric Lang designed dice building game using it. Come on WizKids, it's so easy you'd be insane not too!

I have an idea for a Calvin & Hobbes set. Once I get an easy way to put custom stuff together, I'm gonna make it, too! It'll be wildly unbalanced, but that's OK.

...Oh, man. You do that, I'll start making my own comic strip IPs. Dick Tracy, Peanuts, Smilin' Jack, Archie, Brewster Rockit, Sherman's Lagoon, Funky Winkerbean...

I would ADORE a Calvin & Hobbes set. One of the best comic strips out there. The closest strip in syndication to C&H is "Phoebe and Her Unicorn". Started online, started in papers March 30th.

Newspaper comics have lost more and more of their allure the further away we've gotten from C&H ending in 1995. But I will check out Phoebe.

I have almost all of the characters worked out, I still need a few more:

Calvin
    Hobbes
    Suzie Derkins
    Mr. Bun
    Mom
    Dad
    Uncle Max
    Miss Wormwood
    Moe
    Principal Spittle
    Rosalyn
    Spaceman Spiff
    Stupendous Man
    Snow Goon
    Galaxoid
    Nebular
    Monsters under the bed
    T-Rex
    Tracer Bullet
    Dinner
    Mr. Lockjaw
    Charlie (Rosalyn's Boyfriend)
    Bicycle

Nonbasic Actions:

Transmogrifier Gun
    Time-Fracture Wickets
    G.R.O.S.S

Basic Actions:

Transmogrifier
    Duplicator
    Time Machine
    Thinking Cap
    Calvinball
    Slushball
    Sled
    Wagon
    Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie
    Noodle Incident

I hope you continue this project. That would be a ton of fun to play.

Would Spiff get his own card? I thought he would be one of Calvin's versions.

+1 for Capcom, I'd like to see some video game themed sets...

Final Fantasy
    Metal Gear
    Castlevania
    Warcraft

Now this is a pretty ridiculous one...but how about NBC classic sitcoms?

Can you imagine George Costanza vs Sam Malone? Or Alf vs Blossom? Or Niles Crane vs Alex Keaton?

Or if we are talking unlimited...what about Joey Tribiani vs Spiderman?

Haha...sorry, I just happened to be in my basement in front of my old DVD collection when I read this thread, so I thought I'd share that goofy thought that crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaise View Post
    +1 for Capcom, I'd like to see some video game themed sets...

Final Fantasy
    Metal Gear
    Castlevania
    Warcraft
    Final Fantasy could be excellent. The experience mechanic would be perfect.

Build the sets, Meatman. I want to build a deck around Gunther. What a beast.

Maybe someday...

Gotta agree with your first post though. Street Fighter would be dynamite! And...since we have Marvel and DC...we would also need Street Fighter's archrival, Mortal Kombat...which would also be a lot of fun.

Empowered: Manga superhero parody series by Adam Warren that's current at Volume 8. Tons of heros and villains.

SNK: I'm not much of a Street Fighter fan and prefer The King Of Fighters. Other fighting games include: Fatal Fury, Art Of Fighting, Buriki 1, Samurai Showdown, and The Last Blade.

Venture Bros.