Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

What are you watching?

Apparently, it's a "Wesley Snipes" kind if night. Just finished watching Major League, now watching Blade II.

The wife and I have been going through Star Trek: Voyager, an unfairly maligned series in the Trek pantheon.

There have been a few shows that I have watched religiously, and one of them embarrassingly enough is Grey's Anatomy. My sister started watching, I watched with her out of curiosity, and actually started liking the ridiculous drama of it. I watched a lot of Flashpoint, Community, Veronica Mars, some old school Disney cartoons, and I'm looking into X-Company and Better Call Saul. My tastes are all over the board.

I actually watched Grey's when it was more about the medicine and less about the ridiculousness. That was partly due to the influence of a girl I was dating at the time; certainly in the "guilty pleasure" category. It jumped the shark for me at the ferry boat incident, when Meredith was brought back to life with a kiss.

Thankfully, I didn't start watching until season five/six. That ferry boat was among the worst they ever did, IMO. When I went back and watched it, I hated it. The whole "while dead" stuff was awful.

Watched Daredevil this week, Amazing!

Catching up on Almighty Johnsons, a New Zealand series about Norse gods reincarnated and even more petty and cruel than the gods are claimed to be in He Older Hercules TV series.

And of course, currently watching the LCS on Twitch. Unicorns of Love!!!!

This was a Daredevil week for me. So good. I hadn't had Netflix in a while too, so I was able to get a free trial to watch it. Others should take advantage of that as well if the can to watch it for free!

Now I'll return to my ordinary rotation of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow, Flash, and Game of Thrones.

My girlfriend is plowing through all those Netflix shows right now. I didn't like Arrow sadly, so I was afraid to give Daredevil a go.

Dunno what the say about Arrow, other than it has a bit of the WB syndrome. Unessicary love affairs and teen angst drama.

Daredevil has much less of this (1 episode of 13) and does a lot to just tell the story as is required. It also is part of the marvel cinematic universe, so multiple references to Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    My girlfriend is plowing through all those Netflix shows right now. I didn't like Arrow sadly, so I was afraid to give Daredevil a go.
    Shows produced by CW, ABC, and Netflix are going to have vastly different tones and qualities. Weird to clump them all together.

It's more along the lines of "super hero television shows are rarely enjoyable for me regardless of network". I'm not sure why.

I gave Arrow a try because I absolutely adore Mr. Queen.

Arrow and Flash certainly have a CW flair, but I wasn't really a DC guy and I wanted the context for the next Dice Masters set so I took the plunge. Both have done a great job of incorporating DC heroes/villains I haven't seen before, many of whom are in the next DM set. Also, I just dig the superhero thing so I give the CW flavor a pass here. And they are fun, just don't expect them to be the next Lost or X-Files.

Daredevil is night and day with all the others though. It's more like a Dark Knight mini series. If there's anything there is "too much" of, it's awesome fight scenes (and certainly not romance, though there is some of that too). Daredevil is easily the best superhero show I've seen. At least give the pilot a shot to see if it's up your alley. I'm predicting that, for most people, it will be. Plus, I'm an attorney and Murdock is like one of the only attorney heroes in the Marvel Universe (yeah, I know she hulk is one too).

My wife and I got all 8 Harry Potter movies on dvd for $20 from Target... so we've been watching those.

I just finished binge watching "The Wire". Fantastic show, i highly recommend it.

I also have a few regular network TV shows that I keep up with, which are more about having some family time where we enjoying something together on a regular basis. We watch The Flash, Law and Order: SVU...and one of the greatest comedies to come along in years...Will Forte's Last Man On Earth, wonderfully refreshing and original.

A few reality TV guilty pleasures too, which is again more about family time then about the actual content of the show. My family still watches Survivor like it is a religion, and Big Brother in the summer.

Hmmmm...I think I need to get off the couch a bit more...

I absolutely LOVE Arrow. A lot of the awful CWness wears off after the middle of the 1st season.

Daredevil is good so far, but I haven't found the shows heart yet. It looks awesome, but I'm not gripped yet.

I had the anime "Attack on Titan" recommend to me. I didn't get to watch much, but I believe that the first couple minutes alone are VERY compelling.

My wife watched the first episode while pregnant and refused to watch the rest of the series because "*sniffle* She died? *Sniffle*" (details edited for less spoiler)

I got spoiled when it came to yesterday's Greg's Anatomy. The news service spoiled it. I was furious.

I just finished up Daredevil on Netflix last week. I really liked it. I had such low expectations for it. Anyone else like his black costume better than the red one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I had the anime "Attack on Titan" recommend to me. I didn't get to watch much, but I believe that the first couple minutes alone are VERY compelling.
    I watched AoT last year. I'm not an animae fan at all I really liked it. Can't wait til they do a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I just finished up Daredevil on Netflix last week. I really liked it. I had such low expectations for it. Anyone else like his black costume better than the red one?

I watched AoT last year. I'm not an animae fan at all I really liked it. Can't wait til they do a second season.
    Yeah, I'll only watch a few here or there. In this case, my younger brother kept pushing me on it.

But that opening scene, where

Spoiler Alert!

I've been watching a lot of Letterman interviews. I'm going to miss him when he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    I've been watching a lot of Letterman interviews. I'm going to miss him when he retires.
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of Dave.
    I see how it is.