Thread: Beholder - Master Abberation

Beholder - Master Abberation

If this is the first die assigned to attack this turn, you may immediately use each of the basic action dice abilities, without bursts, once, as if you had rolled those dice.
    My question is, can/how does this work with Imprisoned?
    This die captures any number of opposing characters with a total fielding cost of 2 or less. This effect lasts until canceled or you damage your opponent (return the captured die to the field).
    When you trigger the Beholder, you don't actually have an Imprisoned die to capture anything with, though it says as if you had rolled those dice. With captured dice, you are supposed to put them under the capturing die in your field. Do you use a "phantom" die or does nothing happen?

I have posted to the rules forum asking similar questions about the epic red dragon ability that doubles the effect of dice.

Hoping they answer some day.

I've never kept my opponent in imprison from the beholders effect to use it without the dice cause im ussually going for lethal if i am attacking, but ive been playing it as a phantom dice comes and snatches all the dudes n then just like regular imprison it goes away when canceled or when my opponent takes damage. It should be interesting to c what their response will be n a few months regarding this lol

If there is Polymorph in play can I switch out the beholder or another creature that is attacking? If so, does the new character's when attacking abilities trigger? Say turning the beholder into a dragon. Can I use their breath weapon?

End main step
    Declare attackers (trigger when attacking abilities)
    Declare blockers (trigger when blocking abilities)
    Attack step: play action dice, globals and non triggered abilities.
    Damage resolves
    Clean up
    End turn

TL;DR yes, no, no.

What Shadowmeld said. But let's say you have Patch in the field. Attack with a couple Sidekicks. You can switch an unblocked Sidekick with an Avenger character, you will deal the double damage thanks to Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    What Shadowmeld said. But let's say you have Patch in the field. Attack with a couple Sidekicks. You can switch an unblocked Sidekick with an Avenger character, you will deal the double damage thanks to Patch.
    Wait, why would they go through unblocked before the Polymorph triggers off the beholder's "when attacking" clause?

Doesn't it trigger at the "Declare attackers (trigger when attacking abilities)" since the Beholder triggers the four basic actions before you continuing declaring the rest of your attackers?

Why isn't "immediately" immediate, and still part of the Declare Attackers phase?

Actually, you are correct. I forgot what the beholder's ability was...

As for order of resolution, Beholder would be declared attacker, then he would be switched in, and still already have been declared, you wouldn't have to declare it again (and thus no trigger for Breath weapon). The way swapping works is that states transfer over. Swapping a die with an attacker, means the die is still an attacker, but you aren't' DECLARING it an attacker, it just is.
    Last edited by Shadowmeld; 04-25-2015 at 11:09 PM.

My bad. I thought we were talking about Polymorph in general, and not just used through Beholder's ability.