Thread: Article: UXM Collector's Box Review

So it might be worth it at $20? Then its definitely not worth it for me with my local store charging 30 for it. Also I just finished building a new storage solution for my collection. I do like the pretty dice and don't have PXG but I think I'll pass on this.

They're charging $30??? Wow, what a ripoff. MSRP is 24.99, CSI has it for 17.99 (out of stock though) and my shop has it for $19.99. I rarely see it above $22.

I love the FLGS model and I do everything that I can to support my local favorite store. It pains me to see stores have markup like that either because they think they can or because their reliance on a business model thrust forward by a certain collectable game (which often causes them to alienate those who play anything else) isn't actually enough to sustain them. It doesn't build any kind of loyalty and THOSE are the stores that drive people to shop online.

If you want to build loyalty, charging me 20% above MSRP is just ridiculous.

Yeah, I've started avoiding going there and found a different place where stuff is more reasonable. Well my friend did, I haven't been there but they had good prices and he got some BFF foils when he was there and they were cheaper than anywhere I've seen in person.

Dangit, man!!! Now I kinda want to buy the set-up box that my local comic shop has had behind their front desk for the past month...

I snagged one on CSI when they were in stock. Totally worth it, the sidekick and action dice plus the promo was worth every penny, they're like foil sidekick dice in this game. I gotta post on the forums about what I figured out for team transport, I've found a nice easy way to bring multiple teams without a bulky container (like for backpack storage).

I have picked up two of these so far and will probably get a second DC one (I have one on pre-order). I was able to trade the extra PX for some rates that I neededat the time. Each case holds an entire collection of 5 die sets for either AvX or UXM. Going to do the same for DC and DnD.

Nice pulls from the box, Dave. I also got the SR Ironman from my first box. Made it definitely worth it for me.

Before i picked my first copy I tried to figure out the cost of everything in the box to see if it was worth the money.
    4 boosters= $4
    Dice bag= $2.50 (its a very basic bag)
    dice tray system= $5 (seems like the price a 3rd party company would sell)
    half a starter= $7.50
    That comes to $19. Is the full art Professor X worth $6 (to bring the price up to the msrp) to you? That is the question. If you can find it for msrp or lower, snag up a copy.

I don't know, I personally feel that a company like ultra Pro or another third-party would charge at least $10 for a similar box.

I have 3 of these. One for each set I have, AVX, UXM and BFF. I originally had a couple small Plano cases when AVX came out. I prefer this box to the Plano. It holds the dice nicely. It stacks well on my shelves with my other games. I also pulled a Super Rare Scarlet Witch from my first box. I wish they would release some boxes for the other sets (D&D, DC, reprint AVX), or a generic Dicemasters box. It's annoying because all the boxes I have look the same, so I'm not sure which is which. I think I need to label them.

Quote Originally Posted by thadiff View Post
    For old school HeroClix (like pre-card stuff) we would stick a piece of stationary in there saying the types of characters that were held in that case (X-men allies, Spider-Man foes, etc.). You could do the same with dice masters sets probably.
    Yeah, I have the instruction manuals on the top of each dice tray to help indicate which is which. I have a label maker, I'm thinking of making a label for the side of the box so I can tell which is which on the shelf without opening them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I don't know, I personally feel that a company like ultra Pro or another third-party would charge at least $10 for a similar box.
    After the way Ultra Pro has been making magic deck storage cases lately, $10 isn't worth it. There bigger cases are just thin sheets of cardboard with wrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I have 3 of these. One for each set I have, AVX, UXM and BFF. I originally had a couple small Plano cases when AVX came out. I prefer this box to the Plano. It holds the dice nicely. It stacks well on my shelves with my other games. I also pulled a Super Rare Scarlet Witch from my first box. I wish they would release some boxes for the other sets (D&D, DC, reprint AVX), or a generic Dicemasters box. It's annoying because all the boxes I have look the same, so I'm not sure which is which. I think I need to label them.
    DC does have a box coming out. Here it is on Miniature Market.

Quote Originally Posted by alphans View Post
    DC does have a box coming out. Here it is on Miniature Market.
    Is that legit? There's no mention of it on the Dicemasters site, yet they show all the other accessories. I asked my FLGS owner and he said there wasn't one coming out that he was aware of. http://wizkids.com/dicemasters/justice-league/

It's definitely legit. Here's a link to the retailer solicitation page on the WizKids Heroclix site (which is where they put all of the retailer solicitation documents): http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploa...ctors-Box1.pdf

Obviously the schedule slipped from what they originally listed in the document, but we already knew that.

Does anyone know what the promo is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    It's definitely legit. Here's a link to the retailer solicitation page on the WizKids Heroclix site (which is where they put all of the retailer solicitation documents): http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploa...ctors-Box1.pdf

Obviously the schedule slipped from what they originally listed in the document, but we already knew that.
    Cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    Does anyone know what the promo is going to be?
    I've heard that the Justice League collector's box will have the Alt Art Wonder Woman card that they were giving out as prizes at US Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    I've heard that the Justice League collector's box will have the Alt Art Wonder Woman card that they were giving out as prizes at US Nationals.
    Maybe I should hurry up and sell that Wonder Woman while it's worth somthing...