Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storage Solution on Kickstarter

Storage Solution on Kickstarter

Not my project, but figured this would be of interest here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-storage-cdgs

Those look really interesting, with around 40 unique characters per set and 4 dice per character, you should be able to get 21 of them and you would be set for at least 2 more sets, if you have all of every set so far.

Looks like it can hold ten dice per row. $10 for the minimum pledge to get something? Not bad.

Looks like more discussion going on here than the news posts, here's my thoughts from there. A little more elegant than the plano box I was planning on using if I ever play outside my house. Seems like a lot of wasted space if you just wanted it to store just your dice. I have my cards in binders. They should have made different compatible trays strictly for dice that you could mix and match in.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Looks like more discussion going on here than the news posts, here's my thoughts from there. A little more elegant than the plano box I was planning on using if I ever play outside my house. Seems like a lot of wasted space if you just wanted it to store just your dice. I have my cards in binders. They should have made different compatible trays strictly for dice that you could mix and match in.
    My thoughts exactly.

Neat! If I had the knowledge to do such a thing, I agree with others that I'm not sure I would include cards in shallow trays. Also, when will a DM dice storage product realize that grouping dice in sets of 4 is how it's done? Daedalus did 5, this one is doing 10. Heck, 12 is better than ten because you could evenly divide into groups of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6 dice with 12.

I may still back though if I can get confirmation that shipping is estimated at $9 per order, not per set of 3. If per set of 3, your cost is shooting up to more than $6 per tray.

I'd also like to get a sense of how thick/durable the plastic is. The shaking part of the video was good. I'm glad they snap together and that made them look reasonably strong on my little phone screen. Gonna re-view it on a bigger screen.

I am getting some advance samples ASAP, according to Zen Bins, and will have my product review up while the Kickstarter is still active. So you can wait for my review before making a decision.

I believe the number is 10 because the max a team can field is 20. Sure, 5 groups of 4 seems more reasonable, but 2 groups of 10 has the same net in the end. After all 4 Kwannons and a PXG is a row of 5

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I am getting some advance samples ASAP, according to Zen Bins, and will have my product review up while the Kickstarter is still active. So you can wait for my review before making a decision.
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Nerd View Post
    Brilliant news, also Randy how cool is it to be able to get ahold of a product for review before its even really made? I would be psyched for that.
    Let me step outside of my "Official TRP Staff" position for a moment.
    It's nuts! This whole TRP rise to fame has been a trip! At U.S. Nationals, I had people coming up to me, saying how they love my podcast segment with my daughter. Now, companies are giving me free advanced product, simply so I can write about it. I'm a college drop out, machine operator, working 40+ hours a week providing for my wife and 3 (soon to be 4) kids. Writing is my dream, but it's just what I do when I'm not being a husband/father/employee... just, wow. Again, this is nuts.
    Ok, back to sounding a little more professional.

I think it looks like a cool product. I prefer this to Plano boxes (which I use for a LOT of other stuff), since the dice tend to be more difficult to get out of the square plano sections. And I like the modular/stackable design- pulling off just the trays I want to take to a game is very helpful. Only way I'd like this better would be if they added a "blank" tray to hold things like a dice pouch, rulebook...

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiX View Post
    I think it looks like a cool product. I prefer this to Plano boxes (which I use for a LOT of other stuff), since the dice tend to be more difficult to get out of the square plano sections. And I like the modular/stackable design- pulling off just the trays I want to take to a game is very helpful. Only way I'd like this better would be if they added a "blank" tray to hold things like a dice pouch, rulebook...
    Yeah, there should be 3 trays:

1. The current tray with card and dice slots.
    2. A tray for just dice.
    3. Blank tray for dicebags, rules books, life counters etc.

It may or may not be relevant to most people here, but they are (currently) only shipping to the US. On BoardGameGeek there is a lot of pushback from international players, perhaps Randy could inquire about international shipping options?

At the very least, this looks like a solid means to transport your team. I backed at ten dollars just for that. Also, there is a new post in the comment section of the project indicating that they are looking into international shipping.

I will support this one, though I wish (as others have said) that there were dice-only trays available. I sort of feel that, by supporting these projects, we'll help keep support for the game strong.

Received my Zen Bins in the mail today. So far, I like them. They aren't perfect for every need. Full review coming Monday. Complete with video of kids testing their durability. Shooting that video tomorrow night... hopefully they withstand the children's onslaught.

I'll tell you this, if it turns out they can survive the wrath of Randy's munchkins, then they're really onto something with these...

Zen Bins review... coming tomorrow. And as an added surprise, we will have a contest giving away pre-release Zen Bins. More details tomorrow.