Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: AGE OF ULTRON SPOILERS

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Love this. All of it. Might need to check your pronouns for Captain Universe, though. Lest mine eyes deceive me... Not a dude. And 135/142, but SR? 8 in the set? What's going on here?

I gotta say, I'm incredibly hyped for Maria Hill. Any character that allows me to pull dice out of the used pile is a character I want on my team. Add to that, she has an affiliation to play around with and I'm officially sold. (also, Pepper Potts has me interested as well with that TFC of 0. I can never complain about a character I don't have to pay to field)

This set is looking really cool. Can we have it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
    Wasp - I agree with everything you predict. This can definitely be a game changer against opponents who have a team dependent on globals. Very cool.

I really like Pepper's ability - I have several mainly bolt teams and, as you said, it's nice to have a 2-cost bolt character. I find myself wanting to build a more defensive team, and this card may have a good role in one.
    It's an answer we sorta had with Jinzo, but now it's there early enough to be more meaningful.

It's an answer we sorta had with Jinzo, but now it's there early enough to be more meaningful.
    Totally agree. Going to probably swap her in for my Jinzo in the Action Control team. Going to need to look at whether I want to stick with Kobold ramp though. She and Constantine makes control decks a new layer to the meta now.

These are some really cool and interesting cards but I suspect they are fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Jthomash2 - then next 8 cards are basic actions.
    It'd only be 7, which seems really low for a total BA count. Also, assuming they're not alphabetizing her based on Universe (which I *believe* would be wrong), C is pretty early to be the last SR in the set. Could we only have like 5-6 new basic actions? Or maybe there actually are like 8 super rares this time...hope if that's the case they've made them more like 2-3 to a gravity feed if so!

One other thing - look at the green on the uncommons (Kang, Maria Hill) - it's a lot lighter than normal! I don't know if that supports the idea of these being fake, or if it's just how these images were captured, or if they're FINALLY doing something about how difficult it was to tell commons and uncommons apart at a glance.

I could definitely see the number of BACs going down, although this set IS larger than any other set so far, besides AvX. It will be interesting to see that number conflict resolved.

Wasp is #133 and Captain Universe is #135. So Captain Universe is either the first or second SR.

Signs point toward 8 SRs. leaving us with the same number of cards as in DC, but with 4 extra SRs (138-142) It will indeed be interesting to see how they distribute that number.

DC had 24 starters, 10 BACs, 39 commons, 31 Uncommons, 30 rares and 4 SRs

We could reasonably expect something along the lines of
    24 Starters, 10 BACs, 42 Commons, 31 Uncommons, 27 rares, 8 SRs or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Signs point toward 8 SRs. leaving us with the same number of cards as in DC, but with 4 extra SRs (138-142) It will indeed be interesting to see how they distribute that number.

DC had 24 starters, 10 BACs, 39 commons, 31 Uncommons, 30 rares and 4 SRs

We could reasonably expect something along the lines of
    24 Starters, 10 BACs, 42 Commons, 31 Uncommons, 27 rares, 8 SRs or some such.
    I've been spending some time with the numbers and everything that we know so far. I believe that the distribution is this:

1-24 Starters (24)
    25-34 Basic Actions (10)
    35-74 Commons (40)
    75-106 Uncommons (32)
    107-134 Rares (28)
    135-142 Super Rares (8)

Now, if all 8 super rares correspond to characters in the set, then 4 characters will have too many cards. I don't think this is the case.

We've seen some evidence that suggests that at least one Infinity Stone is in this set. My theory is that cards 139-142 are Infinity Stones, each with a Max of 1. I believe that the Infinity Stones only exist as super rares (which is why they would be Max:1).

It's the only way that I have been able to reconcile the numbering scheme.

I have to say, I'm most excited for Pepper Potts and Wasp. Granted, I'm not super happy that they keep putting these awesome anti-global abilities on rare cards, but at least the game is starting to realize how it needs to respond to earlier stuff.

I'm also really intrigued by Pepper's ability, especially the idea of having a character that literally cannot attack. Her stats are really low, but she's also already far better than the TFC 0 Kobold. 2-cost Bolt is also pretty astonishing, and exciting! We've now got excellent 2-cost masks, fists, shields, and bolts, so that'll really round things out a bit better. I'm still hoping to see more 1-cost heroes, but seeing Pepper is very exciting, and I can't wait to see what her other versions do.

I'm also excited to see new characters emerging with different team affiliations. SHIELD and Guardians is a start, since we only have Avengers, X-Men, and Villains in the other sets, and more variety is *desperately* needed. My only fear is that there will only be a small handful of cards with those factions, instead of enough to run a full team comp (like with JSA from DC). I'm still curious as to why we have Legion of Doom *and* Villains in DC, but I'm sure there will be some clarification by Wizkids on that at some point.

Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. Looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Think so? Why would they put fakes on the stream?
    I didn't realize these came from the Twitch Stream. I guess that makes them much more likely to be real. There are just a few things that don't seem right - coloring, numbers, some of the wording.

Dang. I wasnt planning to get this set since I'm already spending too much money on dice masters, but...I really want some of these.

Could they still be doing 4 super rares, with last 4 being special "limited edition" cards, only available from tourneys, etc? Didn't they do something similar with some of the early sets of Heroclix?