Thread: Card Trading on TRP?

Card Trading on TRP?

Have you guys thought of incorporating some kind of card trading facilitation section in the TRP site?

I've only been a Marvel set collector up to this point, but I bought 2 D&D boosters the other day just on a whim to check them out. What do ya know...but I pulled the Red Dragon Super Rare.

I'd love to trade this card for a Marvel Super Rare. I know there are a few other places to do this online, but I'd rather "give my business" to the Reserve Pool community.

Just food for thought...

I'm also hoping to see some buy/sell stuff on here too. I'm hoping some people would be willing to sell/trade some rares for less than you see on eBay. My goodness.

I've got a spare SR Emma Frost for that Red Dragon if you're interested.

As far as a trade thread, what do you guys want? I kinda like how it is on reddit, updated every month. So you know everyone that's on the current month is active, and lists are relatively up to date. But what do you guys want?

We have this in the works. Right now it looks like it would be a subforum of General. We just are working out the rules so that everyone's stuff is as visible as possible without creating an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Have you guys thought of incorporating some kind of card trading facilitation section in the TRP site?

I've only been a Marvel set collector up to this point, but I bought 2 D&D boosters the other day just on a whim to check them out. What do ya know...but I pulled the Red Dragon Super Rare.

I'd love to trade this card for a Marvel Super Rare. I know there are a few other places to do this online, but I'd rather "give my business" to the Reserve Pool community.

Just food for thought...
    Ooh, that's the only card I need to complete my D&D set. I just traded away my SR Scarlet Witch. I do have a UXM SR Spider-Man though.

A way to trade on here would be nice. I've been trying trading on reddit this past week. It's been a good experience so far.

I've always felt that a thread style trade process gets a bit confusing and hard to sift through. Was thinking perhaps every user could keep a small Have/Want list as a part of their profile that could then be searchable. I'm supportive of whatever you guys cook up though...thanks again for all your efforts

As for my trade...I'm looking for a nice playable SR if possible. I've already got Gobby, so ideally I'm looking for Widow, Wolvie or Scarlet Super Rare. Or perhaps a DC Super Rare...after I've unboxed my eagerly anticipated gravity feed of course. Don't want to clog up this thread, so PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    I've always felt that a thread style trade process gets a bit confusing and hard to sift through. Was thinking perhaps every user could keep a small Have/Want list as a part of their profile that could then be searchable. I'm supportive of whatever you guys cook up though...thanks again for all your efforts
    We're with you, Meatman. We're looking at possible vBulletin trade clients or possibly something custom fitted for our forum. Thanks for your input!

In the short term we may try something threaded but would be a stopgap

Not sure how difficult it would be but maybe something like meatman is suggesting where a profile option is available that ties to a table on the trade forum page that someone can just search the card, select it, see who has it and what they want within a subgroup in the table. Probably a bit tricky to tie profiles to a table but thought that might be a nice dream lined way to do it.

The difficulty there is that everything is nested, so the people with the most activity stay at the top and it's a big ol' bump party for your own thread. We have a few things in the works. Soon!