Thread: Can you look in a different bag?

Can you look in a different bag?

I forget what the rule is on this sort of thing, can i look in my opponents bag? I know the number of dice must be told if asked, but do I get to see what those dice are? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ONEone78 View Post
    I forget what the rule is on this sort of thing, can i look in my opponents bag? I know the number of dice must be told if asked, but do I get to see what those dice are? Thanks!
    According to the tournament rules you may not look in your opponent's bag.

I'm just pumped that we're allowed to look in our own bag. For the longest time I thought you couldn't do that, and I would try so hard to break the habit.

But yes, no looking in opponent's bag.

You're also allowed to make notes (just not use an electronic device) during play.

So, at the start of the game, note down how many dice they have on each card, and, during play, note down when they purchase a die.

From this, and the dice visible, you will be able to always deduce what dice are in their bag.

This also helps to discourage cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    You can ask how many dice they have in bag though.
    You can ask, but your opponent is under no obligation to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    You're also allowed to make notes (just not use an electronic device) during play.

So, at the start of the game, note down how many dice they have on each card, and, during play, note down when they purchase a die.

From this, and the dice visible, you will be able to always deduce what dice are in their bag.

This also helps to discourage cheating.
    Where is it stated that you can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Where is it stated that you can do that?
    Electronic devices are explicitly forbidden in the tournament rules.

And, whilst the tournament rules don't explicitly say you can take notes, the nature of them is that they say what you must and cannot do, not what you can do.

So, note taking is implicitly allowed because it is not explicitly forbidden.

YOu could take notes, maybe about the Turn, the Damage etc... for statistics i think this is great, but i think everything except yours and enemys life tracking would disturb your concentration in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    YOu could take notes, maybe about the Turn, the Damage etc... for statistics i think this is great, but i think everything except yours and enemys life tracking would disturb your concentration in the game.
    There is a new player in my local, that actually writes down all the globals in each game that he plays so that he doesn't forget or get confused on one.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    There is a new player in my local, that actually writes down all the globals in each game that he plays so that he doesn't forget or get confused on one.
    give him the advice that he should instead use WORD or Excel and print them for his team out.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    give him the advice that he should instead use WORD or Excel and print them for his team out.^^
    You misunderstand, he writes them out for that game. So, whenever he plays a new team he can keep track.

Someone on BGG made little slips of paper with all the Globals on them, all with a hole punched in them so they can be stored on a key ring. Then you can just find the ones in play and lay them out.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Someone on BGG made little slips of paper with all the Globals on them, all with a hole punched in them so they can be stored on a key ring. Then you can just find the ones in play and lay them out.
    Is there a link to that?

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1...ngers-vs-x-men

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/106200/global-cards

There may be more, and those only have the first couple sets, but it's a start and a format you can use to make more for the later sets.

the globals are printed on the cards...right?

Quote Originally Posted by ONEone78 View Post
    the globals are printed on the cards...right?
    Yes, but they're upside-down!

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Thanks for the information. It seems not many people take notes so not a lot of info on how to best do it. Guess I have to lay the ground work and figure it out.
    Write down the globals in a nice list, then before the game starts write down how many dice they have on each card, besides that you can figure out what's in their bag just by your notes.