Thread: "The third Marvel Dice Masters might not be releasing until July"

"The third Marvel Dice Masters might not be releasing until July"

"Now, letís get to the spoilers. Some of you might have seen or heard that Carta Magica had the exclusive reveal on cards from Marvel Dice Masters: Age of Ultron. The third Marvel Dice Masters might not be releasing until July but get the scoop on the new set featuring fan favorites like Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and more here!"

http://wizkids.com/dicemasters/new-c...championships/

July gives DC some time to breathe.

I just hope that AoU gets the treatment at Origins that DC got at Nationals.

Then War of Light better be moved to September.

I'm fine with about a 2-2.5 month cycle.

I really want some AoU, but I am cool with the delay. I assume the set is already fully designed and is just being printed/shipped. I am sure WK is going to get some flack over this. I do not know why they don't start saying before the end of Q3 and general stuff like that. In the meantime I would love if they were able to catch up on the OPs for D&D and DC. I would also love if they sent out review copies of AoU in May/early June so we could basically see the whole set several weeks before it is actually available. I also would love for them to post the rulebook.

I figure they will at least announce the next set by Gencon and we will get War of Light in Q4.

Anything more than 2-2Ĺ is going to destroy my wallet. A delay would certainly be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Anything more than 2-2Ĺ is going to destroy my wallet. A delay would certainly be welcomed.
    Totally with you. Agree with all of the above. But give me my Origins pre-release events still!

At the beginning of March, when it was unknown when DC would be released, I wrote this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    A timeline like this makes some sense:

End of Jan - Mid Mar: Yugioh
    Mid Mar - End Apr: Dnd
    Start of May - End June: Justice League
    End June - Mid Aug: Ultron
    Mid Aug: War of Light
    October: LoTR
    End of Year: (Whatever the next, so far unannounced, comic release is)

It gives each set a couple of months to shine.
    So I pretty much nailed JL's schedule ("Start of May" is off by a couple of days). If Ultron comes out about July 1, I'll call that a good prediction too. I hope the schedule would be further relaxed and WoL goes to September and I'd be very happy with LoTR in November or even December.

If they don't start easing up on the schedule, which I think they will, they risk player burnout (and the game's long-term health). Dice Masters is WK's collectible product that's always been targeted to be lower cost to play and stay current. Those are the sorts of players they've attracted and those are the sorts of players they have to please. They've been doing a good job. We ended up with a flurry of releases here, but that's mostly because the two new, non-comic IPs (DnD & YGO). I like new product as much as the next guy, but I'm hoping for releases to be around every 2.5 months.

I'm happy to see it pushed back also due to draft scheduling. That may sound weird, but right now everyone's pretty full up on what they have for core sets. They don't need "more." But having some sense of reliability on spacing would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If Ultron comes out about July 1...
    ...that would be a damn good birthday present for me (although I'd then still have to wait about week before I got it (being in the UK)).

I know this has already been said, but my wallet really really REALLY needs a break after D&D and DC. I went a little... overboard.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think I'm in the slow it down boat too. I love this game. But I don't think I can keep up with 6 sets per year. 4 is good, 5 might be stretching it. I understand any slower than once per quarter and the game will get stale for some. But we've got to be realistic. I don't believe there is any real advantage in alienating the portion of players that might wash their hands of it from inundation.

But with these distinct IPs, maybe 6 is necessary to keep the overall engine running? I'm not likely to buy into all the sets for a complete collection. But there are likely folks who only came to the game because of the YGO or D&D IP. If there is nothing fueling those lines now, don't we risk alienating those players too?

I'd love to see AOU, WOL, and the proposed Spiderman sets by year's end, but I'd be just as happy if that's all we get. I think the comic stuff has to be on rotation with other IPs to keep the overall player population healthy. 2:1? Ish? That's enough for me. I'm fine with AOU delaying until August if it must.

Has LOTR been confirmed yet? This new Spider-Man set slides right into November.

If it gets to the point where we see a ton of new sets, I'll just start buying C/UC.

Is LOTR confirmed? I'm thinking positive. If I keep talking about it as if it's a real thing, hopefully it will become a real thing.

My girlfriend thinks you're the greatest.

At this point, I hope if it does exist, it will be released Jan/Feb or 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    I'll just start buying C/UC.
    Feel free to hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    I just hope that AoU gets the treatment at Origins that DC got at Nationals.
    I can't think they would run Rainbow drafts at Origins without the AoU set -- plus it is Worlds so I expect WK to do a real push to make a big splash. Otherwise they will be a flop as DC will have been out for 5 weeks. Anyone serious enough to want to play at Origins would have gotten DC rainbow drafts out of the way by then.