Thread: I wanna build fun decks to play with my Dad for games to last

I wanna build fun decks to play with my Dad for games to last

Nothing that's going to go on forever, but nothing super competitive where we're just trying to ramp up and win as quickly as possible... sort of like volleying in tennis.

We'll only be working with Marvel/DC here (DC comes in tomorrow), favorite characters of his being Silver Surfer, Captain America, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Thing, Hulk, etc...... he was a Merry Marvel Marching Squad-er (I'm 27, he's like 58 I think, but this is the one thing we've really had fun doing together in over a decade). So, I like to build decks with peeps he'll recognize, not like, Psylocke or Cable or Deadpool, so much. I know once he gets into playing with me (we've set up once a week to meet up and play) he'll get more into other characters, and I can't wait for DC to come out cause I pre-ordered a gravity feed and he mentioned wanting to be Lex Luthor).

I don't know if I can link to my collection? But yeah, any tips on this kind of building would be great. Obviously, it's a lot easier to do, but I want to build two harmonious decks that play well together, not just randomly put together people we like with a good energy ramp and end up having one team be way OP.

Start with the characters he likes and build a loose curve. Then try to keep the characters that are kind've at the same curve point relative in power, like your 2-3 cost character should be about as strong as his 2-3 cost character. I would either put direct damage on both teams or avoid direct damage - counting unblockable as direct damage.

First I made for my Dad: http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-bu...1253-4;1389-2;

I don't have many 2 drop shields to try and build up for Silver Surfer, and I feel like I'm not using Nick Fury enough, so I was gonna use the good Hulk (Green Goliath?) but I wanted to use a villain so I put in Doc Oc. I'd like to try a different villain, because he's used him already. But I couldn't find good two drop shields from what I had.

But I know it's all over the place, so recommend anything. I really wanted another heroic to use with Captain America, or recommend a better one; I want him to have one on his team.

Seriously though, ask me if I have this or that and if the energy use makes sense for this, and for the other team I made:

http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-bu...1236-2;1164-3;

I wanted to use Canucklehead since it's my only SR, except for the OP basic action cards from AVX, and the OP UXM Magneto - Heir to the Throne, and Apocalypse - Earth-295

seriously open to anything, and thanks a lot!

I can make a competitive team pretty easily, but this is different, I just want us to have as much fun as possible; so I'd love critique and suggestions!

This is really cool. My dad never played games with me, but my mom would always step up and play games, regardless of what it is.

The team you gave your dad will be fun. I like Storm/Beast, and Mr. Fantastic is great. One of my favourites. Surfer/Doc Ock are nice finishers.

As for you... you can make that team as competitive or as fun as you want. If it was me, I'd just randomly buy some stuff and not ramp that much. Just noticed that there is no Professor X, so you can do everything the old school way. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    This is really cool. My dad never played games with me, but my mom would always step up and play games, regardless of what it is.

The team you gave your dad will be fun. I like Storm/Beast, and Mr. Fantastic is great. One of my favourites. Surfer/Doc Ock are nice finishers.

As for you... you can make that team as competitive or as fun as you want. If it was me, I'd just randomly buy some stuff and not ramp that much. Just noticed that there is no Professor X, so you can do everything the old school way. Awesome.
    yeah, we've played with professor x, but there's no reason to do that... I guess it's an easy place to cut off how competitive I want it to get

his team is set up to have a lot of chances to get at me really, and I just wanna stay in there

and yeah, we played Chess, but HeroClix is just way too much for him at his age and where his mind is and what his priorities are, and I don't blame him
    but this is great

That's what makes DM so special. It can be played by fanatics or casuals, and you can have a lot of fun really easily.

Plus, who doesn't like rolling dice?!

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Plus, who doesn't like rolling dice?!
    No one with a pulse.

The story about your mom was touching, man. Reminds me of my grandma who instilled in me a love of board gaming. She still plays with me today - but mostly sticks to simple stuff.